P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Back when I was shopping SxS and was a newbie here, one of the first questions I asked was about the relatively low HP output of the SxS market (vs the high-output rocket engines we're stuffing under snowmobile hoods.)

It looks like we'll be seeing a new power competition in the category.

Reactions: Smitty335 and CID
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Back when I was shopping SxS and was a newbie here, one of the first questions I asked was about the relatively low HP output of the SxS market (vs the high-output rocket engines we're stuffing under snowmobile hoods.)

Sleds are alot lighter and the drive is a different demon compared to a SXS or a Quad. No comparison

Reactions: Smitty335 and 906UP
P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's only a general statement about HP in sleds vs. SxS, not a comparison.

I'm just saying that in the sled world, HPs rule. They've been going up over the years. In the SxS market, it hasn't generally been a focus. Looks like Polaris is going to kick off a trend upward.

• Wow
Reactions: Smitty335 and 906UP
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R

... Looks like Polaris is going to kick off a trend upward.
And that trend is going to run prices UP, off the charts compared to today's covid prices. Along with rising prices, stupid people with more money than brains will start crashing them bigley, calling attention to the sport and regulations will soon follow. Areas that are now welcoming SxSs will close down like Silverton, Colorado and now Moab is seeing our darkside. This isn't going to be a good thing for us. #olecynic

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Way, way, way back in the day Honda was the trend setter. What happen? I mean, Honda makes cars and trucks. They're light years in tech above others, or should be. Why don't they use it. It's just like when they sat on the side lines and watched Gators and Mules sell for years before they jumped in the game. Honda should go back to the way they were in the 70's. They where king back then. They always kept exploring and building bikes with features that the public wanted. And the quality, it was top notch, they were tough as nails. It all starts at the top. Management. Whoever's running the operation has been tip toeing instead of plowing to the front.
I like the new Polaris. I know it will be more that I want or will spend but many will buy it. I think Honda has focused on recreation and bit much and should have be looking at utility much, much, harder. Rigs for working on farms and industries like lawncare and others. Instead, they went the other way and plan on stopping production of lawn mowers. I just don't understand.

H

HondaTech

Way, way, way back in the day Honda was the trend setter. What happen? I mean, Honda makes cars and trucks. They're light years in tech above others, or should be. Why don't they use it. It's just like when they sat on the side lines and watched Gators and Mules sell for years before they jumped in the game. Honda should go back to the way they were in the 70's. They where king back then. They always kept exploring and building bikes with features that the public wanted. And the quality, it was top notch, they were tough as nails. It all starts at the top. Management. Whoever's running the operation has been tip toeing instead of plowing to the front.
I like the new Polaris. I know it will be more that I want or will spend but many will buy it. I think Honda has focused on recreation and bit much and should have be looking at utility much, much, harder. Rigs for working on farms and industries like lawncare and others. Instead, they went the other way and plan on stopping production of lawn mowers. I just don't understand.

You can thank the commies in California for the lawnmowers.

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
They realized that cutting grass is over rated.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!