DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Forgot this dropped in the last few days...

I guess UTVs are no longer limited to 1000cc? You know what that means...

2.0L
225HP
74" wide
"Starting at" $32k

I ask again: How far does it go before it's no longer a SxS as we have known it?

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
Right...at some point they should leave behind the sxs classification and enter what clasification???? a "buggy" or "truck"? Oh no, I feel another government office popping up. SXS trail riding is a fad right now and fads ruin everything.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
90 mph top speed.
Fully boxed suspension arms.
1 piece cage assembly.

Unit bearing wheel bearings are actually a very cool feature (meaning they bolt in as an assembly like most modern autos). That'll make it much easier to change out the s*** Polaris wheel bearings every 500 miles.

No mention of any advances in NOT burning to the ground...

H

HondaTech

90 mph top speed.
Fully boxed suspension arms.
1 piece cage assembly.

Unit bearing wheel bearings are actually a very cool feature (meaning they bolt in as an assembly like most modern autos). That'll make it much easier to change out the s*** Polaris wheel bearings every 500 miles.

No mention of any advances in NOT burning to the ground...

Instead of fixing the weak s*** they have, theyll just create buzz word items that cost more and last the same time as the old junk.

Why reinvent the wheel, when dumbasses keep buying s*** that falls apart.

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Still has belt drive. The price and belt drive is a deal breaker for me plus Polaris usually has problems for a few years on a new design. It should be popular in the sand dunes and I expect a turbo version next year with close to 400 hp. It does have a quick release belt drive cover. I expect it could have a belt inspection and clean out every couple hundred miles like my 2011 RZR 900.

RZR 4 a desert born cvt md

Reactions: JenElio and Farmer
Bmurray

Bmurray

Lifetime Member
May 6, 2021
Missouri but soon to be Idaho
Ownership

1. Talon X
who the hell would pay $31k+ for something like this. completely useless IMO. definitely not going on trails with this. hell you couldn't even get off of the gravel roads. But at least they give you that extra long 6 month warranty!!!

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
who the hell would pay $31k+ for something like this. .....

That guy with a small dick who always shows up to the party with loud pipes on his hog, the latest version of I phone and watch, a case of white claw and sporting a man bun with skinny jeans. Or, the that overpaid hillbilly who will wreck it within a week..... honestly, I could fill 20 pages describing dumb fer's who would buy it. LOL! There will be a few legit users like @hondabob who have the time and money to really enjoy something like that. But me.....I thought the cost of Pioneer's was getting dangerously close to just buying a jeep with heat and air.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
That guy with a small dick who always shows up to the party with loud pipes on his hog, the latest version of I phone and watch, a case of white claw and sporting a man bun with skinny jeans. Or, the that overpaid hillbilly who will wreck it within a week..... honestly, I could fill 20 pages describing dumb fer's who would buy it. LOL! There will be a few legit users like @hondabob who have the time and money to really enjoy something like that. But me.....I thought the cost of Pioneer's was getting dangerously close to just buying a jeep with heat and air.
Despite the ridiculous price, Like Dirt Trax said, they will sell every single one as fast as they can make then.

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Forgot this dropped in the last few days...

I guess UTVs are no longer limited to 1000cc? You know what that means...

2.0L
225HP
74" wide
"Starting at" $32k

I ask again: How far does it go before it's no longer a SxS as we have known it?
Unless you only ride sand dunes, where can you use all the power. I can go everywhere the the hot rod RZR’s and CanAm’s go on our trails for a lot less money and have just as much fun.

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Not meaning to revive an old thread I read it's a rule imposed by ROHVA, then I read well its more of a guide line and manufacturers just went with it. And now I don't know after seeing the 2.0l 4cyl it's nuts but Speed just dropped a SxS with a 7.0l v8 upgrade to the tune of 125k. Now is it truly a utv with a v8?

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Not meaning to revive an old thread I read it's a rule imposed by ROHVA, then I read well its more of a guide line and manufacturers just went with it. And now I don't know after seeing the 2.0l 4cyl it's nuts but Speed just dropped a SxS with a 7.0l v8 upgrade to the tune of 125k. Now is it truly a utv with a v8?
I would say that as long as a vehicle is on a tubular chassis built with motorcycle style parts its a SXS.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!