Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Surely you are mistaken, Yamahas do not break.
My Wolverine went through an engine, two belts, grenaded the clutches, broke at exhaust manifold twice and went through a couple fans. All before 3k.
Still considering possible RMax as a replacement though. I think those plastics would stay on better then Talon. It’s the extra machine for family/friends so be nicer not to replace plastics constantly. Want another Talon but don’t know that’s good machine for that use.

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
My Wolverine went through an engine, two belts, grenaded the clutches, broke at exhaust manifold twice and went through a couple fans. All before 3k.
Still considering possible RMax as a replacement though. I think those plastics would stay on better then Talon. It’s the extra machine for family/friends so be nicer not to replace plastics constantly. Want another Talon but don’t know that’s good machine for that use.
That first generation Wolverine sounded troublesome.

Smittyp

Smittyp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 3, 2020
Morgan co. Tennessee
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R LV
Too bad we didn't get any video of a 520 towing a P500 recently at Windrock. Drug it through a few technical spots for sure.
What trail was that?
@KyGal83 @Smittyp
@KyGal83 broke at the top of 84 @futzin towed her back on G34-G1-G50-G52 if I remember right you said it was 15 miles

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That first generation Wolverine sounded troublesome.
Mines been great. It's been rolled , flopped and stuck in the mud. Not 1 issue. However last spring yamaha had a recall on some parts in the engine. They put a whole new top end in a 4 yr old sxs that had no issues. For free

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Mines been great. It's been rolled , flopped and stuck in the mud. Not 1 issue. However last spring yamaha had a recall on some parts in the engine. They put a whole new top end in a 4 yr old sxs that had no issues. For free
I am glad they took care of you.

After owning several Yamaha dirt bikes over the years, I can say that they are excellent quality but getting parts has never been easy.

I am not sure if it was a dealer or factory issue.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am glad they took care of you.

After owning several Yamaha dirt bikes over the years, I can say that they are excellent quality but getting parts has never been easy.

I am not sure if it was a dealer or factory issue.
My brother's 1st rmax he rolled it but didn't sustain any real visual damage. He received a stop ride because of a missing weld on the shock tower. His was missing the weld and it was bent. Yamaha gave him a brand new machine!

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
My brother's 1st rmax he rolled it but didn't sustain any real visual damage. He received a stop ride because of a missing weld on the shock tower. His was missing the weld and it was bent. Yamaha gave him a brand new machine!
I am glad he wasn't hurt, and I am sure Yamaha was too.

I remember reading up when I was about to buy one and one of the touted improvements was the beefier shock mounts. At least they are aggressive about fixing their mistakes, that's a good thing.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!