Yamaha Wolverine part out

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
The post doesn't hold water unless the guy was WFO and submerged it?
Good observation Smitty

It was a lack of lubrication, there was a lengthy post on it. Not a water issue.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
The guy is blaming the dealer and the dealer is denying any wrong doing, either way, someone forgot to put oil in it.
If I remember right, think there have been discussions about that very thing?

Reactions: Jerryg
HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
A sad and expensive story.

If the Yamaha owner has a completed and signed work order receipt for an oil change with odometer miles showing just a few miles added after the service AND the crankcase was found dry and rod and crank bearings showed evidence of overheating and scoring, he should hire a lawyer and sue the dealer. The dealer has insurance and should be held accountable.

On the other hand, if the Yamaha owner can't show evidence of fault by dealer he should not be accusing and blaming the dealer.

Doing the right thing is often painful but sometimes we are rewarded in unexpected ways at unexpected times for doing the right thing.

I read things here fairly often that prove the wisdom of paying for insurance. These buggies are very expensive toys most often operated in high risk environments. Insurance is cheap compared to the purchase price of our toys.

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
A sad and expensive story.

If the Yamaha owner has a completed and signed work order receipt for an oil change with odometer miles showing just a few miles added after the service AND the crankcase was found dry and rod and crank bearings showed evidence of overheating and scoring, he should hire a lawyer and sue the dealer. The dealer has insurance and should be held accountable.

On the other hand, if the Yamaha owner can't show evidence of fault by dealer he should not be accusing and blaming the dealer.

Doing the right thing is often painful but sometimes we are rewarded in unexpected ways at unexpected times for doing the right thing.

I read things here fairly often that prove the wisdom of paying for insurance. These buggies are very expensive toys most often operated in high risk environments. Insurance is cheap compared to the purchase price of our toys.
Being a tech rep, I can tell you that 99% of time it's customer fault.

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I know how dishonest people can be. It's disappointing.

I was an insurance adjuster for one of the major insurance companies for one miserable year back in the '90s. I had no idea how dishonest people are until I took that job. Fraudulent claims was my daily experience.

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I know how dishonest people can be. It's disappointing.

I was an insurance adjuster for one of the major insurance companies for one miserable year back in the '90s. I had no idea how dishonest people are until I took that job. Fraudulent claims was my daily experience.
One of the old mechanics that taught me did that for a while too.

Some of the thing people do are clever and sneaky, you have to be good enough to be one up on them. Tough job for sure.

Reactions: Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!