ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
It pretty much came down to price and availability. Back in August, a P1K was very difficult to find. And for my needs, it would have cost $2K or more to bring the base P1K up to state of the base X2 (roof, decent skidplate, and lower MSRP). I've had it now for 6 months and about 600 miles and I am thrilled with it. It has been everything I was looking for and more. Even the stock 27" dirt commanders have been pretty decent so I'm planning to run them until they wear out and then I'll upgrade to bigger wheels and tires.

I do miss the shifting though but I have zero complaints with the Yamaha CVT. Even the engine braking is better than my P500, which I didn't think was possible.
My cousin bought one literally identical to yours last summer. He had a 16 Wolverine which went through hell and back and definitely proved itself. The 2021 is such a great machine for the money. I love the factory tires and suspension. Coming from a pioneer 500 I imagine you feel like you're in a Ferrari. The only knock I can say is it does put off some heat in the summer. But other than that, I don't know what more anyone could ask for. I actually considered selling my P1000-5 and buying a new 850. I could probably get $20k out of my 18 with 3500 miles and buy a new wolverine for $15000. For the money I don't believe there is a better side by side out there. Everything is like $20,000+ now!

Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It pretty much came down to price and availability. Back in August, a P1K was very difficult to find. And for my needs, it would have cost $2K or more to bring the base P1K up to state of the base X2 (roof, decent skidplate, and lower MSRP). I've had it now for 6 months and about 600 miles and I am thrilled with it. It has been everything I was looking for and more. Even the stock 27" dirt commanders have been pretty decent so I'm planning to run them until they wear out and then I'll upgrade to bigger wheels and tires.

I do miss the shifting though but I have zero complaints with the Yamaha CVT. Even the engine braking is better than my P500, which I didn't think was possible.
It is an impressive machine. Even with the snow and ice it had no issues.

70Bones

70Bones

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2017
New Brunswick Canada
Can I ask why not go to a P1K?
I really wanted a sportier machine, and I had to pretty much break even selling the P500 and buying something else, which I was able to do with a well maintained Wildcat Sport with 2000 miles. It's so comfortable, quick, reliable, has front diff lock, and a full cab enclosure also. 14" ground clearance is nice too, along with the Elka stage 3 suspension, it rides really nice. It's so nice to be able to ride along at 50 mph without being anywhere near full throttle. My buddy has a Talon, it's the ultimate machine, but at twice the price plus more, I just couldn't swing it.

Wildcat2

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!