P1000 '21 P1K5 Rear Bumper, Fender Flares, and Hood Rack...Recs?

KS Boy in GA

KS Boy in GA

Lifetime Member
Mar 1, 2021
Atlanta, GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey all -- sure this has been covered a million times...but looking for recs for a bumper, and also fender flares...front, maybe rear. And a hood rack...

This is a stock unit that won't get lifted due to garage door height...rack has to go on hood not top.

The bumper I like doesn't seem to be made for the 1000-5 just the 1000. Ranch Armor. Thinking OEM Honda flares...but they don't make them for the rear?

Seems like most hood racks need the matching bumper but I already have the Honda bumper with light guards...

Thanks for recs and pics preferred!

Reactions: TxDoc and Lady01
Showtruckin

Showtruckin

Nov 12, 2020
IL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mud Busters makes a great set of flares front & rear. I went with XL rears to keep from throwing onto back side. After installed I used some 1/8" rubber squares (6 in x 6 in) and bolted to the Mud Busters to cover the holes where the rear ROPS comes through the flares. So much cleaner on nasty rides. Picture is just after install but before rubber added to rears, so you can see hole around ROPS.
Honda 4

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't know if they still make it, but I took the Quadboss Universal Front Rack off my 700 and put it on my 1000. We called Quadboss and they didn't and weren't planning on making the brackets for the 1000. I ended up making brackets that keyed off the front roll bar bolts and attached to some flag mount brackets I picked up on Rockymountain Atv for the front bumper. It worked pretty well and am really happy with the setup. It won't hold 100's of lbs but it works to keep coats, blankets and other stuff dust free. I actually mounted a Cabelas gun case on the front to hold my guns.

Thumbnail 20190428 114913 Thumbnail 20190428 114919 Thumbnail 20190427 102215

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Get with @knuckledeep ?? he makes some good custom bumpers. There's a few members here that have his bumpers.
As far as flares..... I like the honda fronts (they don't make rears) and mud busters seems to be popular also.

Reactions: Lady01
advertisement
sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand

Reactions: Lady01 and JenElio
KS Boy in GA

KS Boy in GA

Lifetime Member
Mar 1, 2021
Atlanta, GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks saw that one...I have the Honda bumper with light guards (see pic) so don't know how this one will fit...

D

DSig

Mar 7, 2021
Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey all -- sure this has been covered a million times...but looking for recs for a bumper, and also fender flares...front, maybe rear. And a hood rack...

This is a stock unit that won't get lifted due to garage door height...rack has to go on hood not top.

The bumper I like doesn't seem to be made for the 1000-5 just the 1000. Ranch Armor. Thinking OEM Honda flares...but they don't make them for the rear?

Seems like most hood racks need the matching bumper but I already have the Honda bumper with light guards...

Thanks for recs and pics preferred!
For the rear bumper look at the Website for extreme metal products. I have purchased one for my 700 and one for the 1000. Tough looks great and enough size to actually protect the machine.

A

AUSwimmer

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2021
Greenville, SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
PM me your number...
AUSwimmer and new here. Just ordered a 1000-5 SE and looking for a front rack. Had the Quadboss on a 700. Happy to use it on the 1000 which is sch for delivery in about four weeks. You can make brackets to fit? In Atlanta frequentl.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!