BOX1

P700 21 Pioneer 700-2 Deluxe

lawoftangent

lawoftangent

Sep 15, 2020
Maine
Ownership

1. 700-2
Decided to create a thread throwing some photos up of various stages of my build. Also will be a place where I keep track of some ideas and ideas for the future.

The following is a list of mods I've completed to date and in the order I did them in. I went aftermarket with almost everything solely for cost savings, but I'm pretty happy with the way everything has turned out. If you have any questions on the items below I'd be happy to share my thoughts on them. Mostly I'm hoping for this thread to be what I was looking for on the forum when I was looking at different accessory options.

1. Kolpin Pro Poly Roof (Slightly modified, see photos with factory soft doors installed)
2. Kolpin solid hard-coated polycarbonate windshield
3. KFI 3,000 lb winch and KFI winch mount
4. 2 LED lights mounted forward on the roof, and one backup light
5. Denali Pro 72" plow
6. Honda OEM soft doors

My to-do's still include a rear panel (haven't decided on a hard panel or a vinyl window.. anyone have some practical feedback there?) and I'd like to set up a gun holder on the floor between the seats, that can hold 1-2 rifles or shotguns upright. I like the idea of that better than the roof-mounted systems I've seen, though I don't mind that idea if there aren't any good options for between the seats. Ideally, if it was between the seats, it would be somewhat easily removable or stowable for the times when it's not necessary (I only hunt in October/November in Maine and wouldn't really need them all the time).

I should add that I had the factory switch plate (and pre-wired switch plugs) as well as the factory heater installed at the dealership. It may have cost a few bucks, but I still wouldn't have heat or wired panels if I hadn't had them do it. And it made wiring the lights very easy with an Ebay molex connector kit.

Descriptions before photos:

Brand new, barely drove it around the yard before putting the roof, windshield and winch on. The KFI winch mount was pretty easy to install and I have no complaints so far.

PXL 20201018 214755823

Gotta get that nice Maine backdrop in there.

PXL 20201025 171554938

First day with the Denali attached. The longest part of the install was tightening the bolts on the cutting edge and the rubber flap. I had a chance to plow the 4-5 inches of heavy snow we got over the weekend here, and the only issues I had were operator-induced (like needing to find a good landscaper before next spring). There was never a time I thought I didn't have enough power with that amount of snow. I definitely look forward to being able to test it out with some of the bigger storms, knowing my neighbor has a pickup to assist with bigger storms that may be a bit heavy for this rig.

PXL 20201031 134058013MP

Took her for a rip up north to test out the new lights. I'm impressed for only having spent $20 on Amazon on the two front lights. Plenty of light for driving and plowing. We'll see how they last the winter. Not pictured in this photo is the ground clearance reduction caused by the plow frame mount. I definitely will be removing that seasonally, it sticks down another 3 inches or so from the frame, and catches every rock, heave, and log it can.

PXL 20201108 032810089

The rear light is something my father-in-law picked up from a wholesale outfit through his work. I don't have any good pictures of it on, but needless to say, it sheds plenty of light and lights the bed as well as probably 50-60' or more behind the buggy, perfect for a backup light.

PXL 20201208 030324511

And here, with the soft doors installed. I won't lie, these were not what I'd call an easy install, but I poked along at my own pace and got them installed on the weekend. I had to cut the roof with a vibrating cutout tool along the contour of the door to get them to sit flush against the rollcage. Not the prettiest of jobs but I plan to put some rubber trim on the edges to finish the look. So, beware if you buy the Kolpin Pro roof and intend to put the factory doors on, you'll have to cut out a portion of the roof sides to fit the doors.

As for the doors, I'm happy with them so far. I haven't had a chance to frog around with them while plowing yet, but they definitely keep the wind out and should keep the heat in reasonably well. And I think they look alright.

IMG 20201207 170308 01

That's all I have for now. Thanks for looking!

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
Welcome from The Great Lakes State.

Good looking rig you got there.

#NTC

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
Welcome from NH. nice looking buggy so far. Trust me you won't be needing and assistance from your neighbor on the big storms .I haven't used the plow on my truck since I bought my 700 as it handles any snow we have received since 2015. You will by far run out of traction before power pushing large amounts of snow. As Far as rear panels is concerned i have the soft rear panel for two reasons, 1 its a lot less expensive than a hard panel and 2 its a lot easier to remove in the summer months

lawoftangent

lawoftangent

Sep 15, 2020
Maine
Ownership

1. 700-2
As Far as rear panels is concerned i have the soft rear panel for two reasons, 1 its a lot less expensive than a hard panel and 2 its a lot easier to remove in the summer months
Appreciate the feedback. I'm seeing about a 20 dollar difference between just a regular hard rear window (like a polycarb windshield for the rear) and the soft panel for the back. I do feel that the soft panel would wrap around the rear roll-cage and seal up a little better than it appears that the hard panel would.

Again, not that I care a great deal about it being completely airtight, but anything helps right?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey @lawoftangent,
did you have any issues with the fitment of the KFI winch mount and the Denali Plow mount?
Seems like at one time I was told they would not fit.
Appreciate the feedback.
Thanks.

mpilihp

lawoftangent

lawoftangent

Sep 15, 2020
Maine
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hey @lawoftangent,
did you have any issues with the fitment of the KFI winch mount and the Denali Plow mount?
Seems like at one time I was told they would not fit.
Appreciate the feedback.
Thanks.

mpilihp

I had no issues with the KFI mount interfering with the Denali Plow mount. I will say that I installed the winch mount before the plow mount, which probably helped for access. I'll get some photos next time I'm in the garage, but they don't really occupy the same space.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had no issues with the KFI mount interfering with the Denali Plow mount. I will say that I installed the winch mount before the plow mount, which probably helped for access. I'll get some photos next time I'm in the garage, but they don't really occupy the same space.
Thanks a lot for the reply.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Reactions: lawoftangent
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!