HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Recently added a new fairlead and synthetic line and was looking for a new winch hook. Came across this on Amazon:

Factor 55 UltraHook

Upload 2019 8 5 11 40 56

What in the hell makes this worth $240? I mean, it looks cool and all but that's a serious chunk of change. I imagine there are quite a few installed on mall crawler Jeeps. The $12 hook I've used forever in my truck just got repurposed to the P1k.

Reactions: NTCPrezJB
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Recently added a new fairlead and synthetic line and was looking for a new winch hook. Came across this on Amazon:

Factor 55 UltraHook

View attachment 145874

What in the hell makes this worth $240? I mean, it looks cool and all but that's a serious chunk of change. I imagine there are quite a few installed on mall crawler Jeeps. The $12 hook I've used forever in my truck just got repurposed to the P1k.
Maybe penis enlargement items are proportionally expensive with the enlargement desired?

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Factor 55 UltraHook

View attachment 145874

The upside is you can finance your winch hook....

J

JTW

FYI.. after several on here raved about them.. I broke down and spent the $$ for a better hook. I didn’t like the gate on the cheap hooks and found one of these on a used sale for $29. After a couple years of use it’s still going strong. And it’s got a bottle opener!

AAD1BF9C BAB9 4FC1 9A93 1F969159AE6F

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
FYI.. after several on here raved about them.. I broke down and spent the $$ for a better hook. I didn’t like the gate on the cheap hooks and found one of these on a used sale for $29. After a couple years of use it’s still going strong. And it’s got a bottle opener!

View attachment 146010
I looked at those on Amazon and it seemed they had a lot of reviews that said it looked like a cheap knockoff when they got it? I am not a fan of the gates on these cheapo hooks either so I may give one of these a try if yours has held up.

Reactions: JTW and NTCPrezJB
J

JTW

I looked at those on Amazon and it seemed they had a lot of reviews that said it looked like a cheap knockoff when they got it? I am not a fan of the gates on these cheapo hooks either so I may give one of these a try if yours has held up.
It’s been fine.. and everyone else that has them hasn’t said anything about trouble, that I’m aware.

advertisement
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3

View attachment 146010

I just picked one up as well. I looked at them last year and they were like $60 at the time so I passed. I dont like the gates on the regular hooks although they have sufficed for a real long time. I broke down and bought one of these with my new rope. I feel like it's a lot nicer and that's what counts right? Lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

J

JTW

I just picked one up as well. I looked at them last year and they were like $60 at the time so I passed. I dont like the gates on the regular hooks although they have sufficed for a real long time. I broke down and bought one of these with my new rope. I feel like it's a lot nicer and that's what counts right? Lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Exactly!!

L2R

L2R

Understanding women Vol. 1
Lifetime Member
Feb 16, 2019
East of the Appalachians
Ownership

1. 700-4
just a bunch of smart asses here that don't read the fine print.

It's made with UNOBTAINIUM.

I'm gettin' 4 and putting them in my will

Reactions: TripleB

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!