P700 2nd Accessory battery

N

Norndorf

Mar 27, 2018
Central PA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Would you need to wire a secondary battery into the relays of the main system? Or just run your accessories right from the secondary battery and they will always have power available to them? I am running LED light bar, rear LED lights, winch, hydraulic plow kit and then a radio. I have them all wired into a fuse block then to the secondary battery.

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
Would you need to wire a secondary battery into the relays of the main system? No. Don’t do that. Or just run your accessories right from the secondary battery and they will always have power available to them? Yes. Do this. I am running LED light bar, rear LED lights, winch, hydraulic plow kit and then a radio. I have them all wired into a fuse block then to the secondary battery.

Dockman

Dockman

Lifetime Member
Jul 5, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 700-2
I simply removed oem battery and replaced with a marine deep cycle. Mounted bigger battery under drivers seat and ran new battery cables.
De307cfba7aa245fd2dec51cc1baa0fc
737e86f0c6c39bdead5813bd6f4d022d

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Not a big deal for guys in the warmer states but those deep cycles aren't really made to be a starter battery. Used more for running accessories they usually have a lower CCA rating and might not have enough a** for starting in the cold.

Last edited:
Reactions: Backwoods
Hillbillytnt

Hillbillytnt

May 2, 2020
Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Acc to fuse block is fine. Winch to battery would be best with power for controls run through fuse block. I use the key on harness from the club and a stinger to control the fuse box so it is not live with key off.

Dockman

Dockman

Lifetime Member
Jul 5, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 700-2
Not a big deal for guys in the warmer states but those deep cycles aren't really made to be a starter battery. Used more for running accessories they usually have a lower CCA rating and might not have enough a** for starting in the cold.

800 CCA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: trigger

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!