knuckledeep

knuckledeep

my trailer queen is trashy
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2015
Eustis florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I would say bad battery but like everyone said if you have a volt meter have it running and check the battery voltage and see if they both get proper voltage if not bad isolator if so bad battery

Reactions: sharp
ohiohunter

ohiohunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2016
Minerva Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would say bad battery but like everyone said if you have a volt meter have it running and check the battery voltage and see if they both get proper voltage if not bad isolator if so bad battery
Thanks I'll have to check it tomorrow or Friday. I'll keep everyone updated. And thanks to all for all the assistance.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Hotwlz

Hotwlz

Feb 19, 2017
Houston, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had the same relay on mine for about 2 weeks before it went bad. It wasn't closing all the way and I didn't realize it until I put in the secondary volt gauge, with the key off the gauge was so dim you couldn't see it unless it was dark and it was showing like 3.1 volts. I ordered another one and it has been running fine for a couple of months now with no more issues. My second battery kept going dead as well.

Reactions: ohiohunter
knuckledeep

knuckledeep

Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2015
Eustis florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
We're you able to check it if so what did you find

W

wyodlr

Aug 15, 2016
Cody Wyoming
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know several people who have changed from the stinger isolator to the true isolator for that very reason

ohiohunter

ohiohunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2016
Minerva Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Finally got a chance last night. It was my battery isolator. Got the battery charged back up, so lucky it wasn't bad as well. Thanks for all the help everyone.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
ohiohunter

ohiohunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2016
Minerva Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well here we go again. True battery isolator is dead again, drained my 2nd battery down and not letting it charge, blue light is on when running machine, but not letting battery charge. Any ideas on why it keeps going bad? This will be the 2nd one I've replaced in 4 months. Are they just junk?

Last edited:
knuckledeep

knuckledeep

Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2015
Eustis florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Mine acted up and the bottom nut got loose on mine and my buddies took it apart tightned the nut and re attached been working good since

Reactions: joeymt33
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Mine acted up and the bottom nut got loose on mine and my buddies took it apart tightned the nut and re attached been working good since

That happened to me too. One of the nuts became loose. But for me it allowed water to enter and killed the whole thing. Now I make sure it stays tight and haven’t had an issue with either mine or my fathers p1000

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What accessories are you running? I see you say you have an isolator and a a fuse box-

Do you have a master switch to cut off all your accessories? You could have an accessory that is constantly drawing power from your 2nd battery when parked.

ohiohunter

ohiohunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2016
Minerva Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What accessories are you running? I see you say you have an isolator and a a fuse box-

Do you have a master switch to cut off all your accessories? You could have an accessory that is constantly drawing power from your 2nd battery when parked.
I have all my accessories keyed. So I wouldn't think it would draw it down. Unless my amp so how keeps pulling juice from the battery.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I have all my accessories keyed. So I wouldn't think it would draw it down. Unless my amp so how keeps pulling juice from the battery.
Do you have your accessories individually fused? If so start pulling fuses one at a time and look for a spark at the fuse, the ones that spark are the culprit with all accessories off.

my99svt

my99svt

I identify as a lesbian
Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2016
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Ownership

1. Talon X

2. Talon R

I had an amp that did that on my boat. The remote wire didn’t do s***, amp was on all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ohiohunter

ohiohunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2016
Minerva Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do you have your accessories individually fused? If so start pulling fuses one at a time and look for a spark at the fuse, the ones that spark are the culprit with all accessories off.
Great idea, thanks.

ohiohunter

ohiohunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2016
Minerva Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They thing is last time it went dead was when I was riding for like 8 hours that day and 2nd battery died. The isolator was not letting secound battery charge.