P1000 Starting with electrical.

T

TrYaN

May 26, 2021
St Charles, MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Second battery, isolator, accessory fuse panel, and relay are in. Next will be the switches in the dash. Thanks to everyone on here for the great info.

5A637A2B A11F 461C 953D 8757E4ED3EDC

aleaddict

aleaddict

Lifetime Member
Jan 17, 2021
Eagle, ID
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Talk to me about your battery strap... looks stout

Reactions: JenElio
B

BamaDave

Apr 28, 2021
South Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Good work and I’m subscribing for your updates! Can you walk us through your progress? Specifically the two main red leads that come off your primary battery? The grey line coming off the True? The two red lines coming off your secondary battery? The two black lines coming off your secondary battery? And, the two light blue lines coming off your secondary battery?

Last edited:
Reactions: Lady01
Bama-Daniel

Bama-Daniel

Lifetime Member
Feb 25, 2021
Priceville, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@BAMA Dave - Search forum for Triple B video on Honda Pioneer 1000 dual battery install. 1 red line from primary goes to isolator. Other side goes to 2nd battery. The grey line is a black ground for isolator. Guessing negative wires are going to fuse box and maybe bus bar?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Good work and I’m subscribing for your updates! Can you walk us through your progress? Specifically the two main red leads that come off your primary battery? The grey line coming off the True? The two red lines coming off your secondary battery? The two black lines coming off your secondary battery? And, the two light blue lines coming off your secondary battery?
Well the way I did it several years ago was get a fuse box with separate fuses for every accessory , mount it, supply + & - from secondary battery, all my accessories are powered and grounded in the fuse block, makes trouble shooting much easier.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The two "light blue" wires are not coming off the second battery, if you look closer. They are green with yellow or white stripe and they come off the relay that's used for getting an ignition switched ground. One of the green stripe wires will be used to switch ground to the dual voltmeter (which comes with the Tru battery isolator kit), the other is a spare.

There are two "heavy" red wires coming off 2nd or aux battery positive terminal. One connects that battery to the Tru "isolator charger", and the other is going to either the winch controller (looks about the right size conductor) or perhaps it's intending to go to the aux fuse block which, in the pic, remains unwired.

I've put all that stuff, and more, in recently, but although I've kept the wiring almost as neat as possible, you can't trace it well from a picture - there's too much of it and I'm still not done.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!