BOX1

P1000 UTV dual battery and switch plate install and setup. Honda Pioneer 1000

G

Greeneer20

Aug 13, 2020
TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nice video. All the videos I have watched tap the wire and not the fuse. Can anyone explain why everyone does it the other way instead of this way?

Reactions: Lady01
JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Nice video. All the videos I have watched tap the wire and not the fuse. Can anyone explain why everyone does it the other way instead of this way?
Many different ways to get the same end result. Club store has a nice plunged-n-play harness for key on power. Some people tap wire underneath some at the fuse.

Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Many different ways to get the same end result. Club store has a nice plunged-n-play harness for key on power. Some people tap wire underneath some at the fuse.
I did the plug and play key on adapter from the sxs store and ran that wire to a bus bar, now I can use that bus bar to trigger anything I want to be key on powered. I have the wEnch solenoid, the stinger and the battery isolater all on that.

D

dproof

Aug 19, 2020
?
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Prob because they don't want to purchase the ~$8 fuse jumper, but to me tapping into the wire was much harder as you have to remove the entire fuse box.

Cookjames27

Cookjames27

May 13, 2020
Hammond, Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do you have both volt meters and the cigarette lighter plug hooked to the fuse box? I seen those three plus 5 switches. I bought a 6 switch plate and a 6 circuit blue seas fuse box but forgot about my dual volt meter and USB port. I domt know if I can wire those 2 in differently or if I need a bigger fuse box to accommodate my 6 switches plus the meter and USB. I'm lost lol.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Do you have both volt meters and the cigarette lighter plug hooked to the fuse box? I seen those three plus 5 switches. I bought a 6 switch plate and a 6 circuit blue seas fuse box but forgot about my dual volt meter and USB port. I domt know if I can wire those 2 in differently or if I need a bigger fuse box to accommodate my 6 switches plus the meter and USB. I'm lost lol.
You can probably run in-line fuses for your volt meters and the original cig socket is already fused so you can tap that for the secondary cig socket.
My 2 cents, but I'm no expert

Cookjames27

Cookjames27

May 13, 2020
Hammond, Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sorry, another question! I want to be able to use my accessories with the key turned off so my hour meter doesn't run up. Like a radio etc. I have a power switch on my plate. Ive seen some of the three way switches but my is either on or off. Even with it cranked up I would like to be able to switch the power to the panel on and off. Does that make sense?

20201108 112349

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Sorry, another question! I want to be able to use my accessories with the key turned off so my hour meter doesn't run up. Like a radio etc. I have a power switch on my plate. Ive seen some of the three way switches but my is either on or off. Even with it cranked up I would like to be able to switch the power to the panel on and off. Does that make sense?

View attachment 235901
YEP!

K

Kenley69

Feb 24, 2021
montgomery city mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand

View attachment 235901
Hello, I have a pioneer 1000-5 on order and looking for a switch plate like this or where can I find them toggle switches in picture?

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!