P1000 Fuse box add

F

fatboy95

May 25, 2020
Bethany,La
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am adding a extra battery fuse box and winch along with switches and other goodies. I've watched every video posted and looked at every picture online for how everyone is installing thier fuse boxes. I came up with this for my P5-1000... I used a steal plate and some bearing blocks attaching it to the frame inside the battery compartment above and just behind the 2nd battery. I think the plate metal may be to thin but gonna run with it and see how it turns out. If it doesn't work to keep in place I may go with 1/2" plate next time and weld in place.

There are a lot of great ideas online but I didn't Iike the idea of screwing the fuse block into the plastic or setting it on the 2nd battery.

Let me know what ya think.

20210816 182822 20210816 185732 20210816 185740 20210816 185835

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I used 3M Dual Lock to attach the fuse block to the right sidewall of the "hood" compartment. See left side of picture. This holds it securely in place yet makes it relatively easy (minor prying involved) to pop free to add more circuits etc.

20210725 154202

Shown are two red feed wires going to the block. One is key switched for 6 circuits and the other 6 are always on. I modified the fuse block to accomplish this - it was a hassle and I don't recommend it.

StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am adding a extra battery fuse box and winch along with switches and other goodies. I've watched every video posted and looked at every picture online for how everyone is installing thier fuse boxes. I came up with this for my P5-1000... I used a steal plate and some bearing blocks attaching it to the frame inside the battery compartment above and just behind the 2nd battery. I think the plate metal may be to thin but gonna run with it and see how it turns out. If it doesn't work to keep in place I may go with 1/2" plate next time and weld in place.

There are a lot of great ideas online but I didn't Iike the idea of screwing the fuse block into the plastic or setting it on the 2nd battery.

Let me know what ya think.

View attachment 289888 View attachment 289889 View attachment 289890 View attachment 289891
That looks like a good position and is resourceful for the bearing-block clamps.
And I hope you don't need 1/2 steel to hold a fuse box. Next thing you know, you'll need plate steel for your cupholders, etc. : )

I did mine a lot like Bumpern's in the previous reply - a relay and a 6 circuit box bolted to the left side by the airbox. I added a 30A circuit breaker, which didn't leave a lot of room for access to the fuse box.

Reactions: Rayger143
F

fatboy95

May 25, 2020
Bethany,La
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That looks like a good position and is resourceful for the bearing-block clamps.
And I hope you don't need 1/2 steel to hold a fuse box. Next thing you know, you'll need plate steel for your cupholders, etc. : )

I did mine a lot like Bumpern's in the previous reply - a relay and a 6 circuit box bolted to the left side by the airbox. I added a 30A circuit breaker, which didn't leave a lot of room for access to the fuse box.
This is the reason I worked it to fit in this spot.. only reason I said plate steel is the thin metal bent when I tighten the screws holding it to the bearing block. I do believe I will be ok and have a ton of room to work around the block for hooking wires to it.

Thanks for all the kind comments

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm prone to over-engineering myself, but I thought 1/2" must've surely been a typo...

:)

• Haha

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!