P1000m5 So what will you add to your P1K-5?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Thought I would start this section off getting everyone's input on what they intend to add to their Pioneer 1000-5 when they get it. My wish list includes the following:

Comfort and rider protection: Honda All weather package (Roof/doors/glass windshield w/ wiper / heater / etc.) Mirrors
Upper Protection: Front & Rear Bumpers
Underside protection: Full UHMW skid plates
Tires: STI 30x10x14 Roctane XD's all the was around
Safety: 4500lbs winch

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
EVERYTHING I CAN...
HondaSxS Sticker will be first.
Most likely build a passenger grab gar next.
Plastidip it black.
Winch
usb ports
Tires
Lights
Reverse lights
Skid plates
cv guards
lift kit
custom roof
Small radio system.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
30" Tires
Winches
Skids
A-arm guards
Full cab
42" led bar
Heater
Stereo
GPS
Optima battery
Back up light
Back up cam
Spare/Tool kit
Fire Extinguishers
and.... That's about 500lbs

Reactions: JACKAL
bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
lol It is good to think about the weight.

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
I think it has about everything I could need but I would go bigger on tires

N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am new to SxS's so when I saw Jackal's list with "Full UHMW skid plates" I took a look around the web. Looks very interesting from what I can tell. Plastic or something like with somewhat custom coverage? Based on the experience level of the ones talking about it, I expect this accessory is one chosen by one who has been there so to speak. Would you tell me why this is a good choice and apparently it can be had for the new P1k-5?

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Tough stuff, it's used on materials conveyor belts and in high abrasion environments. It's slick it doesn't "stick" to anything and nothing will stick to it.

At Windrock I was sliding across rocks and roots and everything else and had NO damage to my unit. Some had crushed rails and had ripped their Honda skids loose or bent them in severely.

Where I ride there are lots of rocks and roots and tree stumps. The plastic deflects and then goes back to shape where as the metal stays bent.

UHMW is def the way to go.

I think with the added weight of the 1000-5 I'm going to up the thickness on mine to ½".

Reactions: JACKAL
N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Tough stuff, it's used on materials conveyor belts and in high abrasion environments. It's slick it doesn't "stick" to anything and nothing will stick to it.

At Windrock I was sliding across rocks and roots and everything else and had NO damage to my unit. Some had crushed rails and had ripped their Honda skids loose or bent them in severely.

Where I ride there are lots of rocks and roots and tree stumps. The plastic deflects and then goes back to shape where as the metal stays bent.

I think with the added weight of the 1000-5 I'm going to up the thickness on mine to ½".

Thanks for the info. Just another great thing about this forum. I had not even heard about the product and for sure I will be going that direction also. Absolutely the very first thing going on my new machine will be underside protection.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

X2 on the 1/2" thickness. When you start fabricating them from 1/2" material for a P1000-5 shoot me a decent price and make me a set, I will need it for my spring fling :)

Reactions: bigsnowman
advertisement
chadbo

chadbo

Mama tried
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2015
Seminary , Ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So is my understanding that your build with adds come from Carolina that way and if so you guys with deposits down did you nail price down below cost with install or are adds shipped with and dealer handles it. All-weather looks nice but without A/C in south Mississippi I might overheat myself in a hot box... Hard roof,a-arms,2 piece poly, skids,bumpers,winch,tires

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
So is my understanding that your build with adds come from Carolina that way and if so you guys with deposits down did you nail price down below cost with install or are adds shipped with and dealer handles it. All-weather looks nice but without A/C in south Mississippi I might overheat myself in a hot box... Hard roof,a-arms,2 piece poly, skids,bumpers,winch,tires

These packages are just discounted bundles that are installed by the dealer. The all weather package the glass rolls all the way down on the hard front doors.

chadbo

chadbo

Mama tried
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2015
Seminary , Ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5
These packages are just discounted bundles that are installed by the dealer. The all weather package the glass rolls all the way down on the hard front doors.
Besides a bundle which adds from Honda beat aftermarket

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Besides a bundle which adds from Honda beat aftermarket

At this point I do not know of any aftermarket company add ons could be early next year before much shows up.

So at this point every Honda add on beats the aftermarket for Pioneer 1000 . Smart marketing on thier part, if you don't have it you can't sell it. This early in the game Honda accessories are the only game in town for the P1k

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
I got it! I finally thought of something I want to add that the P1000m5 that it doesn't already have!

ME! It may take away from the looks of the SXS but I will like it! lol

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I called 10 dealers around and so far the price of deluxe 5p with all weather package installation included about 22400$. Anybody have better price?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I called 10 dealers around and so far the price of deluxe 5p with all weather package installation included about 22400$. Anybody have better price?

@solrus Welcome to the Club! That price above isn't too bad, given the amount of labor for that package. It is hard to say what the general best price will be as the anticipation for this model will likely be high and there will be many willing to pay MSRP++ to get one early. That doesn't give dealers an incentive to haggle much. The big powerhouse dealers who make their money in volume sales may be in a different ballgame. I think we are just going to have to see what the market will bear.

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@solrus Welcome to the Club! That price above isn't too bad, given the amount of labor for that package. It is hard to say what the general best price will be as the anticipation for this model will likely be high and there will be many willing to pay MSRP++ to get one early. That doesn't give dealers an incentive to haggle much. The big powerhouse dealers who make their money in volume sales may be in a different ballgame. I think we are just going to have to see what the market will bear.

They said 12 hours of labor and 60$ per hour. I'm thinking I can do it myself.

chadbo

chadbo

Mama tried
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2015
Seminary , Ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome solrus....I haven't priced all weather I would like being able to ride in cold weather but south Mississippi doesn't have enough to speak of. At anywhere near 6 grand I'd need A/C. I wonder about the split poly windshield. It looks good for airflow but does the break mess with driver view

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome solrus....I haven't priced all weather I would like being able to ride in cold weather but south Mississippi doesn't have enough to speak of. At anywhere near 6 grand I'd need A/C. I wonder about the split poly windshield. It looks good for airflow but does the break mess with driver view

Thank you!

I'm planning on using all year around and winters in Montana could "bite". I think mostly why I was waiting for 1k bc of planning to put on Mattracks.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!