P1000m5 So what will you add to your P1K-5?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Should be picking up my P1K5D on 12/23. Looking to add the following to protect the machine and occupants from the elements:

Honda glass windshield, Honda hard rear panel, Honda hard roof those should take care of the occupants in near term. For the machine 1/2" UHMW full skids and A-arm protectors, Superwinch Terra 45 winch on a KFI mount, and swap out OEM tires with STI Roctane XD 28x10x14 on all 4 corners. That will take care of the basics of what I need. The what I want will wait for later. :)

Reactions: Whiskey1
chadbo

chadbo

Mama tried
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2015
Seminary , Ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Should be picking up my P1K5D on 12/23. Looking to add the following to protect the machine and occupants from the elements:

Honda glass windshield, Honda hard rear panel, Honda hard roof those should take care of the occupants in near term. For the machine 1/2" UHMW full skids and A-arm protectors, Superwinch Terra 45 winch on a KFI mount, and swap out OEM tires with STI Roctane XD 28x10x14 on all 4 corners. That will take care of the basics of what I need. The what I want will wait for later. :)
cool I hope you get it on time... Was it Camo you been waiting for?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
cool I hope you get it on time... Was it Camo you been waiting for?
No, I originally wanted a metallic silver one, but with soo many red ones in dealer stock right now it is a buyers market when inventory is sitting so I'm buying now to avoid waiting 4 months maybe it will be in waiting game. Once people get their tax refunds and can see spring on the horizon the dealer supplies will tighten and selling prices will return to the initial release Oct / Nov. levels. Just think its the right time to buy in my opinion.

As far as color goes mine end up all the same color, muddy. I'm not going to sit in the garage and praise it on its looks, I'll leave that to the fellas that drink $7 Starbucks latte's while sitting on $450 Yeti coolers. :p

Whiskey1

Whiskey1

Dec 11, 2015
Arizona
I also added 17 new D-ting tiedowns to the bed. You can never have enough tie downs. strapworks.com had a variety to choose from. The only issue I encountered was drilling the center hole larger to accommodate the factory bed bolts.

MaleRN28US

MaleRN28US

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 1, 2015
Roanoke, Indiana
No, I originally wanted a metallic silver one, but with soo many red ones in dealer stock right now it is a buyers market when inventory is sitting so I'm buying now to avoid waiting 4 months maybe it will be in waiting game. Once people get their tax refunds and can see spring on the horizon the dealer supplies will tighten and selling prices will return to the initial release Oct / Nov. levels. Just think its the right time to buy in my opinion.

As far as color goes mine end up all the same color, muddy. I'm not going to sit in the garage and praise it on its looks, I'll leave that to the fellas that drink $7 Starbucks latte's while sitting on $450 Yeti coolers. :p
So you decided to give in and go with another color?! So jealous right now.

Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi Whiskey1 it's me again. I am very intrigued with your tire/wheel set up. I am new to this sxs business and wonder if you can show some close ups of your rear tire. It has a good appearance from your avatar but would like to see closer how it looks on the wider rear wheel. I like the idea of one tire size all around. Thanks again

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Hi Whiskey1 it's me again. I am very intrigued with your tire/wheel set up. I am new to this sxs business and wonder if you can show some close ups of your rear tire. It has a good appearance from your avatar but would like to see closer how it looks on the wider rear wheel. I like the idea of one tire size all around. Thanks again
Go to post #90 in this thread on prior page, example this post here is 107, your above is 106. Plenty of pics in post 90.

MaleRN28US

MaleRN28US

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 1, 2015
Roanoke, Indiana
A former student made a switch panel for me as a thank you for pushing him through high school. Here is the result. 787bab7fe6c48e04cfbce275877381b2
Who said teachers are under-appreciated? Its a lot like my job, sometimes the simplest things are the biggest reward.

advertisement
Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks jackal. I did see those pics but was hoping to see how the Sedona tire looked on the rear wider wheel vs the front wheel width. Ive been searching the net too trying to spot something similar.

Whiskey1

Whiskey1

Dec 11, 2015
Arizona
Thanks jackal. I did see those pics but was hoping to see how the Sedona tire looked on the rear wider wheel vs the front wheel width. Ive been searching the net too trying to spot something similar.
I'm on it. You'll see more pics of the Sedona rockabilly set up later today.

Reactions: Stauvo
Whiskey1

Whiskey1

Dec 11, 2015
Arizona
Stauvo let me know if you need more pics than those here.

Reactions: ofrcboy and Stauvo
Whiskey1

Whiskey1

Dec 11, 2015
Arizona
Stauvo, keep in mind that the factory Honda aluminum wheels on my P1k5 are the same width, front and rear. I thought the rear was wider too, then realized there was no difference at the install step - 7 inches front and rear.

Reactions: Stauvo
ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Whisky 1, I really like those tires. Might be starting a wish list if I ever get my machine. I am holding out on Camo

Reactions: Whiskey1
Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks a million Whiskey1! You just answered all my questions. Now I can wrap my mind around how all this looks with those cool tires. I can hardly believe the front and rear wheels are the same width.
Once again, Thank you for your time posting these extra pictures!:)

Stauvo

Whiskey1

Whiskey1

Dec 11, 2015
Arizona
Thanks a million Whiskey1! You just answered all my questions. Now I can wrap my mind around how all this looks with those cool tires. I can hardly believe the front and rear wheels are the same width.
Once again, Thank you for your time posting these extra pictures!:)

Stauvo
No problem, anytime!

ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Stauvo, keep in mind that the factory Honda aluminum wheels on my P1k5 are the same width, front and rear. I thought the rear was wider too, then realized there was no difference at the install step - 7 inches front and rear.

Did I read this right? The factory wheels are the same front and rear? Specs say 14x8 rear and 14X6.5 front

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!