P1000m5 So what will you add to your P1K-5?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Love the extra room Honda has in this one. Made the stereo choice way easier. Our 700 was a Dual but this is the same deck that I installed to our bus it's been excellent fully waterproof and has huge distance on Bluetooth plus I like things to look and feel factory. I'll run flat carbon fiber (it'll match what Honda did around the shifters) behind on the panel to cover holes once everything is installed is placed. Already have whole system ready to go in. It'll be around 800 true watts. Gotta pull the stator and rewrap soon. LOTS more to go but excited to start cutting holes!

N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anyone received the glass windshield yet? And if you have did you also have to buy the wiring harness and wiper kit as a package?

S

Sergeant206

Sep 17, 2015
In a year of having it and beating on it... Severely at Windrock the slight waves at the very edge where it would pound on rock ledges is the only damage I had. There were several people whose rails were FLAT after Windrock.

Ef4af7b4d65b73a8ef4bba6cb5fc9f32
Please tell me where that rear rack came from. That is a must have item for my P1000-5. Thatis the best I have seen. Thanks!!

Reactions: CumminsPusher
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I made them at one point but no longer, I'll be posting all the designs on the forum when I have some time.

The design won't work for a 1000, the muffler is in the way.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Hey Ohanacreek I damn love that rack nice job looks very factory! Did you use an existing tire gate and cut it down and add or is that built all the way? I assume it swings out of the way? Nice job it really looks great on that 700 adds a lot of function!

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey Ohanacreek I damn love that rack nice job looks very factory! Did you use an existing tire gate and cut it down and add or is that built all the way? I assume it swings out of the way? Nice job it really looks great on that 700 adds a lot of function!

Thanks, opens so you can dump.
Only thing pre-made was the hinge its a twin semi sealed axel bearing and zerk greased.

Reactions: bigsnowman
N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You can get them separate and you can wire it up without the Honda Panel.

Wiper Wiring Diagram | The Honda Side by Side Club!

Thanks for the information, you are one valuable guy! My plan is to add a battery with an isolator/relay/switch panel later. Do you know of any issues (other than the obvious) with putting in the glass windshield without the wiper temporarily? There is not just a hole where the wiper would go right? And the installation instructions does say quick on and quick off. Honda was initially indicating all the components as a package, but I have a great dealer cleared up any confusion and I can get just the windshield without the other stuff.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the information, you are one valuable guy! My plan is to add a battery with an isolator/relay/switch panel later. Do you know of any issues (other than the obvious) with putting in the glass windshield without the wiper temporarily? There is not just a hole where the wiper would go right? And the installation instructions does say quick on and quick off. Honda was initially indicating all the components as a package, but I have a great dealer cleared up any confusion and I can get just the windshield without the other stuff.

Thanks, thats what the forum is for!
The (700) glass windshield had a tiny plastic cap over the holes for the wiper. If you have the hard roof you will probably need to at least release it from the front to be able to get the wiper in later.

Reactions: Hondasxs
N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks, thats what the forum is for!
The (700) glass windshield had a tiny plastic cap over the holes for the wiper. If you have the hard roof you will probably need to at least release it from the front to be able to get the wiper in later.

My first accessory was the bed liner. It is at my dealer, I just have to get there and pick it up. In the meantime, I am seriously considering and have priced the glass windshield, hard roof, fabric doors and mid-panel next. After that, and when I get a bit of time, I will do the electric stuff including wiper and extra lighting. I guess I will determine how badly I need the wiper once I have the windshield on.

Reactions: ohanacreek
advertisement
Q

Qwikcobra

Nov 1, 2015

Man that is the exact radio and location I was looking at. Nice work and great place for switches too. I was thinking about using a raised sheet of ABS plastic I have here, to fill in the hole and make it more even with the surrounding panel, but the flat carbon wrap idea sounds even better. Looking good.

I have ordered the bedliner, glass windscreen and 3P roof so far.
Roof and bedliner are ready at the dealer.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I actually cut I thick piece of acrylic to install into but it didn't look as good or near as factory. Once the vinyl carbon fiber goes on it'll look like the rest of interior. The bracket for the shift linkage is close but 1/2 away so no clearance issues at all however nothing deeper. The non lcd display of this deck has been in the side of our bus for 3 yrs totally exposed no problems and is a way nicer easier to connect deck then any I have ever seen and it has separate rca for all four channels and sub works very nice. This deck has large buttons and is easy to operate for anyone even at speed even with gloves. We bought 2 six speaker sound bars with built in cross overs for jeeps that are totally weather proof and have interior lights as well that were changed to led and replaced the junk 6 1/2 speaks for marine Infinity's. Just bolts easily to the roof. They all sound really good. Have a fiberglass waterproof bass box with infinity 12 with a Rockford fosgate 500watt amp inside from the 700 yet to install:) it really sounds great with everything out of the way, waterproof, factory looking as hell its a way better setup then I've ever had in my rigs clear as hell great for parties!

ncred02

ncred02

Jul 16, 2015
Raleigh NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Tough stuff, it's used on materials conveyor belts and in high abrasion environments. It's slick it doesn't "stick" to anything and nothing will stick to it.

At Windrock I was sliding across rocks and roots and everything else and had NO damage to my unit. Some had crushed rails and had ripped their Honda skids loose or bent them in severely.

Where I ride there are lots of rocks and roots and tree stumps. The plastic deflects and then goes back to shape where as the metal stays bent.

UHMW is def the way to go.

I think with the added weight of the 1000-5 I'm going to up the thickness on mine to ½".

I second that!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Hey quikcobra how's your machine coming along? Are they getting it going in time

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I will definitely go with UHMW again. It's more expensive but ill always choose it over metal. This stuff is amazing.

Of course I knew it was great as I work with it every day on our work equipment. It's highly abrasion resistant.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
"What will I add to my P1K-5?" I will be waiting for someone to make some forward arched A-arms.

Reactions: PioneerPete
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Sounds like that's what I'll get when it's available. I like this site it's real people with real issues and solutions. People that have figured things out and learned things and try to let others know what work for them and what doesn't. Over the years I've learned to google things and weed out the bs and it's saved me lots of money and time. Yet this sites a little different yet the same. Most of the people just like to share in hopes that their ideas save others. I'm a hard headed guy about things I know and things I don't I listen so I do there's a few on this site I'll tend to listen to I've learned you're one of those. Thank you and thanks to everyone on here who are those people. We all after one goal right? We share the same passion for same things on the same rigs. Awesome guys!

M

Montana

Oct 29, 2015
Thank you!

I'm planning on using all year around and winters in Montana could "bite". I think mostly why I was waiting for 1k bc of planning to put on Mattracks.
Chadbo Where abouts in Mt. are you?

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!