P1000 2nd gear sliping

RockChalk1000Hawk

RockChalk1000Hawk

Dec 10, 2017
Raleigh NC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just did an engine rebuild on a 2016 P1000 deluxe. I replaced the crank,bearings,rings, and outer clutch
pack. The inner looked brand new (to the left in pic below). After finally getting the clutch initialized the machine slips in second bad, I have to use manual and skip second. In auto it just keeps hitting the rev limiter. I also checked resistance on all the solenoids ( all in spec). Does anyone know if second is in the inner or outer clutch pack? Does it do anything if you keep redoing the clutch initialization ( or is one time as good as 10 times)? Does anyone have any help with this?

4BD755EC DA74 45E5 A14A 7180A60C79E4

Reactions: Lady01 and TripleB
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
2nd is the inside clutch.
Initialization... done right once, want change a second go around.
Were you careful on the o-rings. They are tricky and a pinched one could cause this issue.
That's all I know..

Someone else will need to chime in.

RockChalk1000Hawk

RockChalk1000Hawk

Dec 10, 2017
Raleigh NC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
2nd is the inside clutch.
Initialization... done right once, want change a second go around.
Were you careful on the o-rings. They are tricky and a pinched one could cause this issue.
That's all I know..

Someone else will need to chime in.
Thank you! I pulled the clutch pack off a couple of times to check the o-rings. I'm going to order new today.. just to be safe.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!