2nd homemade bumper w/pictures

M

mhtrapper

Jan 30, 2014
Made my 2nd homemade bumper today and mounted it . I like this one better than the first one this one dumps with the box and is made out of 3/16 plate and a piece of 1 1/2 by 2 1/2 tubing . Pretty heavy duty . Still not sure how to resize pictures if i figure it out i will post pictures also made some frame splash guards to help protect motor area, made that out of sheets of 1/8 rubber just got them temp. installed with zip ties till i come up with a better way to fasten it , i would like it to be removeable.

Attachments

• b1.jpg
    b1.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 1,272
  • b3.jpg
    b3.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 1,190
  • b5.jpg
    b5.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 1,060
  • m6.jpg
    m6.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 1,030
  • m8.jpg
    m8.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 1,032
S

Shane

Jan 1, 2014
Re: 2nd homemade bumper

My wife says to crop your pics. I don't know what that means. But I do know a good zip tie is is same as a bolt. Being half our pioneer is held together by plastic. I'm concerned about my front open wheel wells also.

S

Shane

Jan 1, 2014
Was yours a 2p or did u unbolt rear roll cage.

R

rallymachine

Jan 2, 2014
It's got to be a 2p he has no rear doors on the bed. :)

M

mhtrapper

Jan 30, 2014
It is a 2p all i did was use the two bolts the box pivots on and will drill and add another bolt to each side later they will need to be short. I am going to fab some bodyarmor next that replace the two pieces of plastic on the bottom that they call a belly pan i will use .125 aluminum for that .

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!