P700 30" tire question (2.0)

M

motorman18

Apr 28, 2016
Laurel, MS
Talked to super atv they said a arms r in the works but they probably not gonna do a portal lift something about the machine doesn't allow portals to give the extra width to run bigger tires

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Talked to super atv they said a arms r in the works but they probably not gonna do a portal lift something about the machine doesn't allow portals to give the extra width to run bigger tires
Did they give an estimate on when a-arms will be available?

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yeah I would imagine it struggles mine does with 30s

There must be a break over point. Mine seems to perform nice with 28.5 inch tires. So somewhere between 28.5 and 30 you get near the torque limit.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
And @Gator his name is Paul McManus but he hasn't posted in well over a year

M

motorman18

Apr 28, 2016
Laurel, MS
There must be a break over point. Mine seems to perform nice with 28.5 inch tires. So somewhere between 28.5 and 30 you get near the torque limit.
Well i got 30 rocktane they 8 ply tire it pulls good just stalls in like deep thicker mud and if u stop going up a steep bank as long as u get lil running start get some momentum it will pull good but if u stop and have to start in a bind it stalls bad I've hauled 3 round bails of hay of a trailer with no problems just deep thick mud it doesn't like

R

rdelliott93

Jun 1, 2021
VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
I just read a thread from last year about 30" tires with mixed opinions. i wanted to try to get a discussion up again to see if there has been any more experience (good or bad).

I am running 28" Zillas with a 3" High Lifter lift. i would love to go to 30's to help to not get high centered so often. we have a lot of deep holes and there is not tire size restriction at out camp ground so lots of folks have the RZR's and Mavericks jacked up running 30"+ and i get frustrated trying to follow them and constantly getting high centered.

by the way, our camp ground is a shallow sandy river with about 300 acres of mud trails which does consist of steep hills. we don't have the rocks to deal with in Southwest Mississippi but some of the roots that gets exposed on the hills are pretty rough.

i am not concerned with clearance, i feel like they will fit without any rubbing issues. i am concerned with being able to spin them in deep mud, lugging it down is a concern for me. the weight of the 30" zillas are 30x9x14=25.6 / 30x11x14=30.8. my thoughts are that maybe it would be ok since the tires are so light but not looking to make a $500 mistake if i could help it.

Also, from a power stand point i have not done anything to my bike (P700-4). will an aftermarket exhaust and/or gear reduction help? maybe an aftermarket air filter as well?
Old thread but wanting to bring it back to life for a few. What did you end up doing? Did you go with 30s? Did you have any issues with power or lift? Thanks

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!