32” tires on 2021 talon 1000X-4 Live Wire.

Jmaxx1502

Jmaxx1502

Feb 7, 2021
Cocoa beach
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Hey guys another question from the rookie. My talon is brand with (6) miles on it. Do I need to re-program anything for the bigger tires? Worried about shift points, speedometer, etc. Also what can I do to get the power back to near stock levels with the added size and weight?thx

A56E68AD 28CB 4052 810F 65A48F56E16D

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
32's generally rub on the X model. It will change the shift points and may not shift into 6th (depending on the true tire diameter and weight of the tires). You will not "need" to reprogram the ECU shift points but it is recommended. Try without reprogramming and see how it goes.

Only way to calibrate the speedo is with a SpeedoDRD (or similar device)...

There is nothing you can do with a programmer to regain the power loss. At sea level, you "might" gain 4 hp and above 3000 feet there is nothing to gain so don't waste your money unless you are getting one to fix the shift points. You will need to do something mechanical to make up for the tire size difference such as IGR, Engine work, Turbo, etc to get any noticeable power gains on the Talon.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!