4th link bushings in knuckle

2021LiveValve250R

2021LiveValve250R

Nov 17, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon R
Does anyone know where to purchase replacement bushings for the rear knuckle where the 4th link mounts? I have a little play in mine (worse on the passenger side) but cannot locate replacements.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Does anyone know where to purchase replacement bushings for the rear knuckle where the 4th link mounts? I have a little play in mine (worse on the passenger side) but cannot locate replacements.

View attachment 279969
Ronayers.com
Rockymountainatvmc.com
Partzilla.com
Any of those places should have them. You have to look under OEM parts.

2021LiveValve250R

2021LiveValve250R

Nov 17, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon R
Ronayers.com
Rockymountainatvmc.com
Partzilla.com
Yes, I've looked everywhere the picture I uploaded is from RM OEM parts page. I cannot find a part number for that bushing I circled, all I see is replacing the whole knuckle (assuming it comes with bushing installed) which is crazy

Reactions: TripleB
PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Yes, I've looked everywhere the picture I uploaded is from RM OEM parts page. I cannot find a part number for that bushing I circled, all I see is replacing the whole knuckle (assuming it comes with bushing installed) which is crazy
The parts pics are pretty easy to read.
  • Everything inside a box (9,13 in this case) can be purchased as an assembly.
  • Anything inside the box that is numbered (10-11, 15-18, 21) can be purchased separately.
  • Anything not shown as separated from another part (the bushing in the case) cannot be purchased separately.
  • Anything that is not numbered (the knuckle in the case) cannot be purchased separately,
  • Anything with an "Arrow" and "F-XX" means it is on another fiche.
So, because it is not separate from the knuckle or have its own number, you cannot get it separately from Honda. You must purchase the entire assembly or find something aftermarket.

2021LiveValve250R

2021LiveValve250R

Nov 17, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon R
Yes, understand how to read the oem parts diagram, I just can't see spending $350 to replace a bushing. I have also been unsuccessful finding an aftermarket bushing, hence the reason for the post.

I only have 700mi on machine, just the fact that I'm finding wear In this joint surely other machines with high miles have been forced to replace this bushing.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Ronayers.com
Rockymountainatvmc.com
Partzilla.com
You know their whole OEM section was down for like 3 days? That was a pain in the ass

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Yes, understand how to read the oem parts diagram, I just can't see spending $350 to replace a bushing. I have also been unsuccessful finding an aftermarket bushing, hence the reason for the post.

I only have 700mi on machine, just the fact that I'm finding wear In this joint surely other machines with high miles have been forced to replace this bushing.
Yours is the first I have heard of. I have a machine with 16,000 mile and another with 4,000 and that bushing is still tight on both.

Sounds like a warranty item, are you out of warranty?

2021LiveValve250R

2021LiveValve250R

Nov 17, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon R
Yours is the first I have heard of. I have a machine with 16,000 mile and another with 4,000 and that bushing is still tight on both.

Sounds like a warranty item, are you out of warranty?
No warranty, some of the play is in my heims on the upper radius rods but i'm pretty confident there is a little in the bushing at the knuckle. New heims will be here this week so we'll see after I replace them.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!