5+2 aftermarket wheels in 14" Will they fit the Talon 1000X 4

T

T-4

Dec 17, 2021
Idaho
Ownership

1. Talon X4
New to the Talon from a 900 4 RZR where I ran all front wheels and Terrabites for a couple reasons. Since front wheel takeoffs are hard to find for the Talon, I'm looking at running 14", 5+2 aftermarket wheels all the way around for the same reasons. I've found several YouTube videos where folks say they are running them, but not specifically for me to trust. I'm a slower rider on western two tracks and trails so I'd like more sidewall but still want to run 30" tall. 30 x 10 - 14.
Does anyone run something like this who can tell me the 14" wheels clear everything fine? If so what exactly are you running for wheels, etc.. Going to end up with non bead locks with either Kanati Mongrels or Terrabites on them.
Thanks if advance, appreciate some real world knowledge.

Reactions: Smitty335
PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
14" work just fine on the X. It is the R where you may run into issues with certain wheels if you don't clearance the upper control arms. You will NOT need to do this on an X...

Reactions: Smitty335
T

T-4

Dec 17, 2021
Idaho
Ownership

1. Talon X4
14" work just fine on the X. It is the R where you may run into issues with certain wheels if you don't clearance the upper control arms. You will NOT need to do this on an X...

Thanks Paul. Anyone have experience with Tusk Tintic wheels?

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I tried to gouge a hole in a rear 15" STI HD9 4+3 wheel on my R. :eek:
I DHLJ2fB XL

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!