Talon 5 Point Harness

D

Diegokid

Sep 29, 2019
nowheresville
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I was talking to a friend of mine, he has a Polaris. I mentioned installing a 5 point harness in the talon just in case. He said his dealer told him it would void his warranty because you had to override the seat belt safety.

Before I install these can anyone verify that Honda will or wouldn't void warranty?

C

CincyCuda68

Sep 27, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon R
It’s quite simple, you can modify anything you want and the warranty will still be in effect. The only thing that would no longer be warranted is the part you modded, also they would have to prove that the modification caused any other part to fail to void the warranty on that particular part. So yes the Polaris dealer is full of it, as well as any other dealer that would try to say that.

https://www.autoanything.com/resources/magnuson-moss-warranty-act-explained/

D

Diegokid

Sep 29, 2019
nowheresville
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Well I installed the Tanaka harness, wife doesn't like the chest strap. I might be ridding by myself now!

H

HondaTech

I've only serviced 2 Talons with the original seatbelts in them. Honda won't void the warranty, and they haven't yet asked about anything dealing with seatbelts. They know people are going to put harnesses in there, why else would put holes in the seat back?

Now if the wiring harness melts and its traced back to the seat belt plug, that's a different ballgame.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!