P1000 5 Seat Roof options?

W

wbyman22

Apr 30, 2017
WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey Guys, purchased a Hard Coat 2 piece Honda Windshield and Fabric Mid Panel, wondering thoughts on roofs, hard vs soft, and curious if the 3 seat roofs from Honda fit the 5 seater to just leave the rear open? I like the looks of the Hard Roof but have heard from others they really add some engine noise under it, thought maybe the soft wouldn't? I also see Honda says a windshield is required for the soft top? I would think there has to be a easy way to fabricate it if a guy wanted to run with out a windshield?

Thanks

C

Cooterbob

Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Don’t get the soft roof top. You have to remove it If your gonna haul it anywhere .

Reactions: Remington
L

LarryAmboy

May 14, 2017
Castalian Springs, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey Guys, purchased a Hard Coat 2 piece Honda Windshield and Fabric Mid Panel, wondering thoughts on roofs, hard vs soft, and curious if the 3 seat roofs from Honda fit the 5 seater to just leave the rear open? I like the looks of the Hard Roof but have heard from others they really add some engine noise under it, thought maybe the soft wouldn't? I also see Honda says a windshield is required for the soft top? I would think there has to be a easy way to fabricate it if a guy wanted to run with out a windshield?

Thanks

I put the 3 seater roof on my 5 seater and it works good. Had to notch the plastics in 2 spots but no big deal. Had a Bimini soft top made for the back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

W

wbyman22

Apr 30, 2017
WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hows the noise running around with a Hard Top? So nice and quiet without a roof or windshield, hate to change that. Debating if I want a roof all the way to the back or just cover the front.
Does Honda just recommend not towing with soft top or have there been issues by guys that have tried?

You wouldn't happen to have a pic of what yours looks like with the 3 seat roof on the 5 seat?

Last edited:
C

chillout

Nov 26, 2016
Tx
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hows the noise running around with a Hard Top? So nice and quiet without a roof or windshield, hate to change that. Debating if I want a roof all the way to the back or just cover the front.
Does Honda just recommend not towing with soft top or have there been issues by guys that have tried?

You wouldn't happen to have a pic of what yours looks like with the 3 seat roof on the 5 seat?
I removed the rear ROP bars and nets and added the P3 hard roof with no mods needed. Looks exactly like the P3, but with rear doors.

Reactions: Remington
L

LarryAmboy

May 14, 2017
Castalian Springs, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I put the 3 seater roof on my 5 seater and it works good. Had to notch the plastics in 2 spots but no big deal. Had a Bimini soft top made for the back

Did the same thing. Only put the soft half on when someone is in the back which is rare. The Bimini is made from Sunbrella, same as boat covers, and snaps on and off.

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I like my Honda 5 seat hard roof but I love my AlienShade soft top.

C

Ccfd0506

Mar 5, 2019
Cape Coral, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I'm really leaning toward doing this..Do you have a picture of your roof from the rear so I can see how it looks and sits with the notches. Thank you.

D

DDDonkey

If I had to do it over I would get the alien shade roof, not only for the sound but the height too.

advertisement
Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Alien sunshade I didn't even use my hard top during the winter.

54716137503  589D9CCD EDAE 42CF B0B3 8C2997B8ED6A

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!