DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I had a few plugs in them but no, they seemed more rigid in the sidewalls.
Both original BH's, NOT 2.0's, correct?
I hope they haven't changed them...

BTW, I didn't flop one single time.
Spacers really helped that much Or you just getting better?

I rode many black trails. I really prefer the more challenging rides. Although hauling ass down 13 was fun at night with @Ohio4x4 and his group. I guess it's why I have flopped more often in the past and received more damage to my tires and rims. It takes it's toll on the p5 for sure but equally so, it takes some time to recuperate from 4 solid days of hard trail riding for myself. I'm still hurting. and yes @Montecresto I am considering a possibly trade in.
Based on this post, it's definitely time for a bigger machine.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That School House Trail was the most technical last year. It's where @JACKAL flopped and we all had to run up that long deep and very muddy rut. We also had that major bypass we created to avoid the spot where Jackal had his mishap. All of that was different on the trail this year. You could definitely see the old track but most of it was blocked off by the Tennessee dept of whatever for recuperation.

Reactions: trigger and Mudwing
Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Well the P5's that made it to the Takeover kicked a** again this year! I didn't hear of anyone having any issues. I know one of the Carnage prizes given at the raffle went to @100Acre and that was for tire issues, which I have no idea how you can do that much damage to a brand new set of tires on one ride but... lol?
Hooked up with @Normanator22 and his wife the first day for a great ride. We met in the morning so he could buy a Shield, he said it was their first time there and was looking for someone to ride with. That was our group, two P5's all day. His machine is set up well and he knows how to drive it so we had a blast. We went through some terrain that took some thought and pushing on the rops to get through. Only bottomed out a handful of times this year and don't believe I have any damage other than full of mud.
Second day was a nice cruise that @Choogsbro led. We had 6 machines in that group, I believe it was 3 Wolverines and 3 P5's. Had some mildly technical terrain for the 500 but nothing too crazy. It was a good group and we had fun. After better than 3 yrs of talking with him, I finally rode with @Chooglin !
Thanks everyone, glad we got to hang with you guys and your wives, just good people! :cool:

View attachment 127768 View attachment 127769 View attachment 127770
We enjoy it as well. Can't wait till next year.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
From last year
Takeover 2
20180421 113326

Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I rode many black trails. I really prefer the more challenging rides. Although hauling ass down 13 was fun at night with @Ohio4x4 and his group. I guess it's why I have flopped more often in the past and received more damage to my tires and rims. It takes it's toll on the p5 for sure but equally so, it takes some time to recuperate from 4 solid days of hard trail riding for myself. I'm still hurting. and yes @Montecresto I am considering a possibly trade in.
We also had I blast riding with @100Acre. I was very impressed with the p5 and he knows how to work it.

Normanator22

Normanator22

Lifetime Member
Dec 30, 2018
GA
Ownership

1. 500
Well the P5's that made it to the Takeover kicked a** again this year! I didn't hear of anyone having any issues. I know one of the Carnage prizes given at the raffle went to @100Acre and that was for tire issues, which I have no idea how you can do that much damage to a brand new set of tires on one ride but... lol?
Hooked up with @Normanator22 and his wife the first day for a great ride. We met in the morning so he could buy a Shield, he said it was their first time there and was looking for someone to ride with. That was our group, two P5's all day. His machine is set up well and he knows how to drive it so we had a blast. We went through some terrain that took some thought and pushing on the rops to get through. Only bottomed out a handful of times this year and don't believe I have any damage other than full of mud.
Second day was a nice cruise that @Choogsbro led. We had 6 machines in that group, I believe it was 3 Wolverines and 3 P5's. Had some mildly technical terrain for the 500 but nothing too crazy. It was a good group and we had fun. After better than 3 yrs of talking with him, I finally rode with @Chooglin !
Thanks everyone, glad we got to hang with you guys and your wives, just good people! :cool:

View attachment 127768 View attachment 127769 View attachment 127770

Had an absolute blast @trigger! I know without the heat Shield it would have been less enjoyable. My wife couldn’t stop talking about what a difference it made. Get one if you haven’t already.

This was by far one of the funnest ATV trips I have been on. Got to meet a lot of great people, and everyone was friendly as could be. Cannot wait until next year! Definitely looking to organize a P500 ride.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Yeah, we ended up on some blacks. I know I can get through it, did plenty of them last year. It just takes its toll on us and the machine to do it.
It was really good to meet you and your wife, hopefully next year we can ride together. I just bobble along now days!

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
It was really good to meet you and your wife, hopefully next year we can ride together. I just bobble along now days!

We did run into you on the trail too. You were headed for TOW, had some lady riding behind you that I talked to for a few mins. It was a pleasure meeting you again Smitty!

Reactions: Mudwing
Normanator22

Normanator22

Lifetime Member
Dec 30, 2018
GA
Ownership

1. 500
I think we need to have 2 Takeover's per year , spring and fall. I really enjoyed meeting and chatting with everyone I met this year.......... So many great people coming from this forum!

I would definitely be in for 2 Takeovers per year! Especially in the fall when it starts to cool off... would be a blast!!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
We did run into you on the trail too. You were headed for TOW, had some lady riding behind you that I talked to for a few mins. It was a pleasure meeting you again Smitty!
Dito! Always good to put a face with a name!

Reactions: trigger
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I would definitely be in for 2 Takeovers per year!
That’s because you are only a couple/few hours away. What if the second one was in say Utah or Colorado so some of the rest of the country could attend.....:D:D:D:D:cool:

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
You still forget the year before....:D
I live in the here and now! HA! Last year I was still freaked out by my wreck, it was a blur.This year was a blast as far as the ride and people I met! @JACKAL lead us on a great group ride to Winrock, thank you Bob! He's full of the history of the area. As well full of other stuff! HA!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!