700-4 Shopping-Must haves?

J

jbry

Jul 13, 2024
Finger Lakes, NY
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Hello. New to SXSs and large property ownership/maintenance. Was originally thinking about getting a small homeowner tractor, but then realized that for most of what I needed a SXS would do the trick and be a LOT more fun when not working! I'm very close to pulling the trigger on a new '24 700-4, if the local dealer will drop/cut their markups. When not playing, I'll be using this for hauling, with a trailer, plowing in the winter, spreading salt/fertilizer.

The question I have right now is, what factory accessories would you consider MUST haves? I've seen there are a lot of 3rd party parts/accessories that are much lower priced than factory bits, and I like saving money but also understand that sometimes spending the money makes more sense. I already plan on getting the short hard top and a hitch (since I'll get a $500 break on accessories) and was wondering if it made sense to get the pricey $1000 glass windshield. Since I'll be financing about half of the cost, I'd like to wrap any authentic Honda parts into the financing.

Being so close to buying this finally, it feels like Christmas eve. Thanks everyone!

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I'm very close to pulling the trigger on a new '24 700-4,
Welcome from Michigan!
The main must have when u pull the trigger on that dealer is a good lawyer! 🤣
But seriously, the maint must have is to adhere to rule #4 and post pics of your rig here when u get it. POIDH
Many of the answers u seek are in the search up top cuz we know a thing or two cuz weve seen a thing or two😉

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
and I like saving money
Oh and if u like saving money…
You've come to the wrong place! Fo sho🤣😂
Get in this order, full skid plates, SATV flip windshield (if u have a wife she will be happy) soft mid panel to help with dust (fyi its a sxs and will never get rid of the dust so dont even think about it)
Winch. Then start with other stuff to your liking.

Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Good thing my wife's not reading this! 😂
Oh we love to spend your money😂 hard to buy a sxs without or you wont be happy with a bland showroom sxs and complaining “why is it dusty? “Its too hot” bla bla bla plus all the fin things that ho along with it.
Oh almost forgot to add to your so called “must haves”😂
Buy a Quickshield AKA Trigger shield. (Vender) You wont regret it. Helps with the heat so your not cooking eggs on your seat. Also try and buy from our venders as much as possible. You can find them up top left column. They as well as us keep the forum going.

O

oldguyinNGA

Jul 7, 2024
Blue Ridge, GA
Ownership

1. 700-2
I'm kind of in the same boat. I recently bought a 700-2, and all these bums on here do is try to spend my money with suggestions! LOL. I have been trailer shopping (as I do a lot of "going" including up to NYS to hunt our property), so it is sort of a priority. I just found out that in NYS, trailers weighing over 1000# empty require trailer brakes. If you need a trailer, keep that in mind. Other than that, fender flares, seat covers and maybe a rear bumper can be useful.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome from Alabama.
As you can see from the above suggestions, what you really need is great credit or a healthy bank account. 🤣
I have a glass windshield after putting up with a folding plastic that scratched and soaked my legs through the hinge point when it rained. With glass you can scrape frost and ice off without scratching, you can also add windshield wipers and washer pump, however it is warmer and you do lose that wind in your face when the windshield is folded half down.

Reactions: jbry and Remington