P700 700-4 vs 700-4 Deluxe

A

AlaskanBill

Jun 14, 2017
Alaska
Ownership

1. 700-4
Can anyone tell me if there is a big difference between the 700-4 Deluxe and the 700-4? Trying to decide if the extra money is worth it.

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Deluxe had paddle shifters on steering wheel and power steering and nicer wheels

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
What is the price difference between the two? My guess is power steering and paddle shifters are worth the extra cost

J

Jshell3

What about headlights? I know in the 1,000 the LEDs only come on the Deluxe.

Reactions: Tflynn
A

Aussie

Jun 14, 2017
Australia
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hey mate, I just bought a 700-4 yesterday. In Australia we don't get the deluxe option, ours come standard with paddle shifter and power steering, it does cost $21k. I love the manual option as you can change up a gear to stop the motor reving so high if you want to just go slow with the kids. I think it is well worth it

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
just go slow with the kids.

Hey @Aussie , welcome to the forum.
I'm curious, where down under? I went to high school in Alice.
Dad's work moved the family there for a bit (a life time ago - 1975~1980).
Would love to see some pictures of the Pioneer in action.

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Can anyone tell me if there is a big difference between the 700-4 Deluxe and the 700-4? Trying to decide if the extra money is worth it.

I would. Power steering and the shifters are more than enough to make it worth it.

The shifters aren't just a gimmick. They are very useful. One of the big problems that I used to have with my Rincon was when climbing a fairly steep hill sometimes it would want to shift into 2nd and then right back to first just as I was getting to a tricky part on a hill where you didn't really want to be jerking back and forth like that.

With the shifters you can force it to stay in 1st gear and not jump back and forth.

Power steering is very useful not because it makes steering easier but because it will keep the steering wheel from jerking your thumbs off when you hit a rut wrong.

If the P700 Deluxe had an unlocking rear diff, I might have one of them right now, it is a good machine.

Deluxe700

Deluxe700

Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
I got the Deluxe 700-2 and SOOO glad I did. The power steering is so wonderful to have on the trail or around the yard or farm. Paddle shifters are fun and very useful at times. For me,after having the deluxe for a while now. I am still glad I spent the extra money

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I got the Deluxe 700-2 and SOOO glad I did. The power steering is so wonderful to have on the trail or around the yard or farm. Paddle shifters are fun and very useful at times. For me,after having the deluxe for a while now. I am still glad I spent the extra money
Awesome man, yes I think you made the right decision!

Reactions: Dp5hunter
Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
I've got the 700-4 base model. The deluxe put me over my budget. I take it out on the trails often, never once wished for power steering. As far as the manual shift, maybe I would like it for climbing hills to prevent shifting to second. My color choice would be red and they didn't offer it in the deluxe. So it all comes down to money and personal preference.

Deluxe700

Deluxe700

Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
My opinion is dont buy one without power steering.

I agree... The power steering units are VERY reliable and the difference in riding experience is night and day. It's true that once the machine is moving the steering effort without power steering is not really needed....BUT...the "bump steer" is all but eliminated with power steering and if you get in spots where you are in tight stuff and or going slow the power steering makes it so much more enjoyable....I can drive with one arm around the wife and one hand on the steering wheel with a big ole grin on my face with the power steering...can't put a price on that....

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Its well worth the money when doing any technical climbing while in 4lock

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

chapman8523

chapman8523

Mar 28, 2017
Alaska
Ownership

1. 700-4
I'm always in the mountains and have found the paddle shifters to be the best feature of the deluxe. I love being able to pick my gear on the fly, no need to even put it in MT mode, just leave it in AT and you can still change the gears.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!