P700 700 or 1000

yotesmoker

yotesmoker

Feb 5, 2017
Maine
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hey guys been reading a bunch of post on here, but still haven't made my mine up wich machine my wife and i are going with,, she likes the 1000 not for the power, I guess for the room she says,, lol I personally love the the motor and tranny on the 700 I had 6k miles on my rincon zero issues,, I just hope that the 1000 power train, is as good if we go that way,,we put a lot of miles on during summer exploring Maine,, what's your guys insight to both machines, i also Will be postin this on the pionner 1000 forum, thanks guys

DPort

DPort

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2017
Lincoln, ME
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome,
I'm in Lincoln...Where are you

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
700 here, wouldn't trade for a p1k for nothing. And welcome from NH.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Once you get behind the wheel of a P1K you will never purchase a 700! So...if you are seriously considering the P700 which is an incredible machine that you could not possibly regret buying, then I would suggest that you do not test drive a P1000;) Whichever you choose you will be happy!

Ems-Cam

Ems-Cam

Lifetime Member
May 22, 2016
Alberta
Ownership

1. 700-4
I own the 700, could not justify the 1000 and wanted the solid proven power train. Personally I don't care if I am not the first up the hill, I won't be the one getting towed home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: allgm1 and Eltobgi
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
It's really not about speed with the P1000! It's about the overall riding experience! Again P700 is a great machine! And even having experienced a clutch pack failure, I have never been towed home. That's why I bought a Honda;)

Ems-Cam

Ems-Cam

Lifetime Member
May 22, 2016
Alberta
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have been noticing though on here that the whole site is leaning HARD towards the 1000. The 700 is very capable but it seems if you don't have a 1000, there is less here for you. I enjoyed looking through posts on the 700 when I was buying and building up mine. Now I scroll through the pages and its all 1000's or 500's, and many's opinions are that the 700 was good, and one should always go bigger and better.
I have no issues with the 700 and would not trade up.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I don't discriminate! I enjoy all mods to all machines as well as all adventures embarked on by our club regardless of machine they choose to enjoy:). Bigger is not always better! My next purchase will be a P5 because it can go virtually anywhere;)

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have a 700 and love it.But if you got the cash then get the 1000....for the speed and power.turf mode is swwwwweeeet

Reactions: JTW and Eltobgi
wyo700

wyo700

Lifetime Member
Sep 26, 2013
I have a 700-4. Can't say I wouldn't love to have a 1000 and if it would've fit in my toy hauler i probably would've got one. All my riding buddies have rzr xp 900s. We trail ride, speeds never over 20 or so. We have been on some nasty trails and I have never had a problem keeping up. The biggest down fall with the 700 is climbing hills. But again their has only been one hill I was unable to make it up which after looking at it I probably shouldn't have been trying it anyway. With a kid now I surely wouldn't try it. And like my buddy said there is always another way around.

Reactions: Ems-Cam
advertisement
Ems-Cam

Ems-Cam

Lifetime Member
May 22, 2016
Alberta
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have a 700-4. Can't say I wouldn't love to have a 1000 and if it would've fit in my toy hauler i probably would've got one. All my riding buddies have rzr xp 900s. We trail ride, speeds never over 20 or so. We have been on some nasty trails and I have never had a problem keeping up. The biggest down fall with the 700 is climbing hills. But again their has only been one hill I was unable to make it up which after looking at it I probably shouldn't have been trying it anyway. With a kid now I surely wouldn't try it. And like my buddy said there is always another way around.

Exactly and then the winding trails, I could follow the p500 while the rzrs had to turn back, could not make the turns. Can't speak for the 1000 in that regard. As someone here said, the only time I question the abilities and short falls of the 700 is when others continually outlines them. Yes power is a touch light. I plan to get a chip, just enough to make up for the accessories I put on and will enjoy after that.

Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
i test drove a 700 and 1k. If money wasnt a factor I would have gone with the 1000. However, I felt the 700 would do all i need to do trail riding and left me with money for upgrades. I have no regrets with my 700 and I am very happy with it.

Reactions: sefsr and swsebek
ShearerPerformance

ShearerPerformance

Vendor
Jan 26, 2017
Space Coast FL
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-3
I have both a 700-4 and a 1K-3. I enjoy them both, but the 700 stays at the hunting lease now. When it was my trail rider, I had no problems keeping up or not having enough power. Sure it's underpowered if you're comparing it to the 1ks but if you won't be on steep hills or thick mud, I'd say it will do just fine. Plus the drive train is proven, as you mentioned

Reactions: swsebek and JTW
LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have the 700-4 and I ride with several Rzr 1000 guys. They've yet to leave me behind anywhere. Last weekend we climbed a hill that was ridiculously steep. I tried to walk up it to assess the situation and had to pull myself up by tree branches. A couple of them had issues with a rut and mine walked right up it. To be fair I do have more ground clearance than them but the 700 impresses me in one way or another every time we ride. My buddies are constantly amazed by what it will do. Now could I use more power? Sure... However, this thing has been bulletproof so far. I don't have to worry about a clutch and I used the price gap for several accessories. To me the extra money and less proven design wasn't worth it. I plan to keep this thing until a) it let's me down or b) I end up with some money to piss away. These damn toys are getting way too expensive. $20k for a machine to beat on in the woods? Lol

Reactions: JTW and swsebek
J

JTW

I have the 700-4 and I ride with several Rzr 1000 guys. They've yet to leave me behind anywhere. Last weekend we climbed a hill that was ridiculously steep. I tried to walk up it to assess the situation and had to pull myself up by tree branches. A couple of them had issues with a rut and mine walked right up it. To be fair I do have more ground clearance than them but the 700 impresses me in one way or another every time we ride. My buddies are constantly amazed by what it will do. Now could I use more power? Sure... However, this thing has been bulletproof so far. I don't have to worry about a clutch and I used the price gap for several accessories. To me the extra money and less proven design wasn't worth it. I plan to keep this thing until a) it let's me down or b) I end up with some money to piss away. These damn toys are getting way too expensive. $20k for a machine to beat on in the woods? Lol
That last sentence is absolutely correct!! It's stupid!! I sometimes can't believe I did it... what tenhell was I thinking?

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
That last sentence is absolutely correct!! It's stupid!! I sometimes can't believe I did it... what tenhell was I thinking?
Not sure bud I don't see myself being able to pull the trigger on that much money. I don't ride near enough to justify it. I have spent way more on mods than I intended but that gives me all the more reason to keep it. One day down the road I may upgrade the 700 but I've yet to find a good enough reason to convince me to do it.

J

JTW

Not sure bud I don't see myself being able to pull the trigger on that much money. I don't ride near enough to justify it. I have spent way more on mods than I intended but that gives me all the more reason to keep it. One day down the road I may upgrade the 700 but I've yet to find a good enough reason to convince me to do it.
Lol.. yeah, I can't get over that I've got more in it than my jeep rubicon. But oh well... it's a family thing! Right? And I needed the deduction...;)

Reactions: LandPioneer
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!