P1000 770 miles & my Machine just DIED!!!

J

Jimbo

Apr 20, 2016
St.Johnsville
I just want to get the word out to everyone, I have a 2016 Pioneer 1000 Deluxe. I had baught it in Dec.2015, & April 19,2016 770 miles my machine just died!!! No indication light or anything saying something is wrong! has been at the dealers & they been working with honda, they kept trying to blame all my upgrades ( sterio,markers,blinkers,horn,winch,dual battery/isulator block) I kept fighting with them about it. Now it has been in there hands for 2 weeks!!! They just finally called me to say it is a faulty main wiring harness!

P

PineTree

Sep 9, 2015
Andover, IL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No good!! Hopefully they take care of you and you can get it back ASAP.

P

PineTree

Sep 9, 2015
Andover, IL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you can, find out what exactly the failure is and where its located. Might be an area that the rest of us can inspect and possibly keep a failure from happening.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I just want to get the word out to everyone, I have a 2016 Pioneer 1000 Deluxe. I had baught it in Dec.2015, & April 19,2016 770 miles my machine just died!!! No indication light or anything saying something is wrong! has been at the dealers & they been working with honda, they kept trying to blame all my upgrades ( sterio,markers,blinkers,horn,winch,dual battery/isulator block) I kept fighting with them about it. Now it has been in there hands for 2 weeks!!! They just finally called me to say it is a faulty main wiring harness!
When i will have reached 770, my machine will have been tested through mud, water, sand, hills, rocks, etc... Needless to say they will not be gentle miles. Can you describe your riding style which account for the miles you had on your machine prior to your issue? Thanks.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I'm worried about that scenario about the blame game someday. I'm curious as to what they say about replacing that with all the accessories in the way because of the extra time involved. Please report back and thank you for the heads up!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!