P1000m5 $99. Cabelas roof rack

62straight

62straight

Dec 24, 2015
Cabelas has this roof rack meant for auto but wandering if it would work for Pioneer, primarily 1000-5. I was gonna build one but done deal for 100 is tempting. Like the extension option.

Still waiting to buy my machine, if anyone gets bored in the garage and could pull some measurements to see if this could marry up, or see any Major issues,I'd appreciate it. Cheers

9f33814ca01fd6f954908d007283e8b7

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: CumminsPusher
62straight

62straight

Dec 24, 2015
Numbers were lil tough to read. Main basket is 39w x 43L. The extension adds 22" to length

perry

perry

Jun 13, 2016
South Dakota
Ownership

1. Talon R
did you do the rack, want to know if the cabbalas rack is worth a crap or buy a different one.
Thanks Perry

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Cabelas has this roof rack meant for auto but wandering if it would work for Pioneer, primarily 1000-5. I was gonna build one but done deal for 100 is tempting. Like the extension option.

Still waiting to buy my machine, if anyone gets bored in the garage and could pull some measurements to see if this could marry up, or see any Major issues,I'd appreciate it. Cheers

View attachment 15231

That's a nice find. Couldn't read much does it say how much it weighs?

62straight

62straight

Dec 24, 2015
Couldn't find a weight. Description says steel tubing. Read some of the reviews which it has 4.2 outa 5, those that ranked it low said instructions for assembly were too vague. On website it's 150 now but their auto catalog that just got to house has it on sale for 99. Also free shipping with the code 66HOT. I'm gonna purchase now that it is on sale again. Cabelas is also carrying the Tough Country front bumper! Still adding to accessories pile before I have machine yet! Close enough where I'm gonna wait for 17 model yr details

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
You're going to have a huge pile of goods I'll bet! I'm curious about the rack for down the road though. Do you plan on a hard mount or a removable type? Take pics when you get it it if you could

AKTMW

AKTMW

Oct 25, 2015
Anchorage
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 15231

I'm looking to buy/build something similar. Either a roof rack or a safari rack that could handle a person, a small chair, and a spotting scope setup.

If you get that Cabela's rack, you'll have to let us know how you mounted the brackets. I'm thinking of bolting up through the roof with brackets above roof penetration, but buy/build some stout ROPS clamps that will work.

62straight

62straight

Dec 24, 2015
I imagine removable with clamps attached to rops just incase I ever have clearance issues with a enclosed trailer. Person might b a little sketch up there but since u have machine and I don't, let the ideas flow! Had thought about a tripod platform attachment for laying 7 mag in and dialing long distance. Oh the possibilities

62straight

62straight

Dec 24, 2015
Found couple more numbers for u guys

Carrier weight 20lbs.
Extension: 9lbs
Rated to carry 150lbs

Says comes with 4 U bolts with padding, 4" wide by 1"(deep I'm guessing, doesn't seem much). People said it attaches to a almost all OEM roof rails on vehicles and Yakima and Thule

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!