ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hahahaha…. I just cringe every time I have to get off of my trails and get into the nasty stuff. I hate having to fix busted boots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cringe... Nah
PXL 20210731 185715788

Seadonist

Seadonist

Feb 8, 2021
New Orleans
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So if I were to piece meal the Fox QS3’s, arched arms and 30’s, would it be better to start by taking off the lift and going with the shocks first or with the a-arms first. Again, running 28” Mudder Inlaws
Dcfb56ae483141be575fc2c68552fe70

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk03622d239ab34167eb654226eadc35b1
B9e8e7a85808328692d727d72f81a613

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So if I were to piece meal the Fox QS3’s, arched arms and 30’s, would it be better to start by taking off the lift and going with the shocks first or with the a-arms first. Again, running 28” Mudder Inlaws
View attachment 288341

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkView attachment 288342
View attachment 288343

I have not run stock shocks with 30" tires but I would guess the 30" tires would ride a lot better than stock tires or 28s. I'd probably try arched arms, then tires and then shocks

advertisement
Seadonist

Seadonist

Feb 8, 2021
New Orleans
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well, I decided to go with the Fox QS3’s first and hold off on the arched arms for now. I can remove the lift and still get some additional ride height with the shocks. If I get enough clearance I’ll wait a while for the a-arms. Got the QS3’s from Ron Ayers website for $1280 delivered. Couldn’t pass on the deal, as much as I tried to. Lol

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Does anyone make a-arm guards that actually protect the CV boots from from sticks and branches? I have a set of Ricochet a-arm guards on my stock a-arms because I have to traverse over fallen trees, sticks and branches in the deer woods and the biggest issue is CV boot punctures.

I want to remove my suspension lift and get a set of arched arms but I don’t want to leave my boots exposed

I designed and made these aluminum inner boot guards for my talon. Planning on producing them to sell with powder coated finish. These were designed for owners wo are satisfied with the oem outer boot guards but want to protect the inner boots without a full a-arm guard. The pattern piece is made just need to start making them!!!

The oem plastic outer boots guards are about as large as can be for turning and suspension travel. I already tried making full a-arm guards but in the end the outer boots provided no more coverage than oem.

I haven’t looked at putting these on a pioneer but I guess I should.

21211F03 3A7C 499B 860A 5E36CBB4CB07

Last edited:
Seadonist

Seadonist

Feb 8, 2021
New Orleans
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I designed and made these aluminum inner boot guards foe my talon. Planning on producing them to sell with powder coated finish. These were designed for owners that are satisfied with the oem outer boot guards but want to protect the inner boots without a full a-arm guard. They are ready to go I just need to start making them!!!

The oem plastic outer boots guards are about as large as can be for turning and suspension travel. I already tried making full a-arm guards but in the end the outer boots provided no more coverage than oem.

View attachment 288765

What size plate did you use?

Reactions: Rick53 and Lady01
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
What size plate did you use?

.100" thick because i had it laying around. This also allows bolting to the a-arm pivot without changing the factory bolt length. With the two bends, it does feel strong. I've been running these since June in the woods. They made the trip to Royal Blue for the takeover also. They are a sacrificial layer of protection for the boots. If they get bent, just bent them back!

Seadonist

Seadonist

Feb 8, 2021
New Orleans
Ownership

1. 1000-5
.100" thick because i had it laying around. This also allows bolting to the a-arm pivot without changing the factory bolt length. With the two bends, it does feel strong. I've been running these since June in the woods. They made the trip to Royal Blue for the takeover also. They are a sacrificial layer of protection for the boots. If they get bent, just bent them back!

Hmmmm, nice. I thought about pulling the plastic outer boot guard and replicating it on an aluminum plate but it’s one of those things that seems like an interesting project to take on that never gets taken on. Lol

Jacks

Jacks

Jan 6, 2020
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just received my Richochet's. I don't do a ton of offroading at all and have two boots cut so I'm giving them a try...

Reactions: Lady01
Seadonist

Seadonist

Feb 8, 2021
New Orleans
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just received my Richochet's. I don't do a ton of offroading at all and have two boots cut so I'm giving them a try...

They were great for protecting the boots on my Foreman but they really covered all the open areas well. They don’t cover nearly as much open area on the front arms on the Pioneer but so far I haven’t had any boot tears with them

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I designed and made these aluminum inner boot guards for my talon. Planning on producing them to sell with powder coated finish. These were designed for owners wo are satisfied with the oem outer boot guards but want to protect the inner boots without a full a-arm guard. The pattern piece is made just need to start making them!!!

View attachment 288765
Made time yesterday evening to cut some of these out. Sent a few pairs to powder coat today and should have back in a couple days. I'll get pics together and list on my website if anyone is interested for talons. If the interest is there I'll look into making these for pioneers.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Made time yesterday evening to cut some of these out. Sent a few pairs to powder coat today and should have back in a couple days. I'll get pics together and list on my website if anyone is interested for talons. If the interest is there I'll look into making these for pioneers.
I would be interested for pioneers with highlifter arched arms.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!