P1000 A Poor Man's Solution

May 14, 2015
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you are looking for a longer coilover to give a little more droop but not bind the axle, give you lift and be adjustable from about 1-3" over stock, and give a higher load capacity to eliminate bottoming out from added weight from winches, bumpers, dual batteries, etc., then look no further than the rear shocks off of a Pioneer 1000-3. Also, the biggest thing is they clear the master cylinder at full droop. With extended down travel due to the added length, you have to be careful on the spring diameter. These fit fine.
Figured some people would like to know who may be looking for a cheap solution for a lift, heavier spring rate, etc.
For height comparisons, the rear of mine has the 2" SM lift, and the only "lift" on the front is the coilover swap set at the second adjustment notch.
Thanks @joeymt33 for the coilovers. Hopefully some other members can find this information useful.
I am running mine on the SATV arms.
IMG 20180122 164705990
IMG 20180122 174153
IMG 20180122 174106

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you are looking for a longer coilover to give a little more droop but not bind the axle, give you lift and be adjustable from about 1-3" over stock, and give a higher load capacity to eliminate bottoming out from added weight from winches, bumpers, dual batteries, etc., then look no further than the rear shocks off of a Pioneer 1000-3. Also, the biggest thing is they clear the master cylinder at full droop. With extended down travel due to the added length, you have to be careful on the spring diameter. These fit fine.
Figured some people would like to know who may be looking for a cheap solution for a lift, heavier spring rate, etc.
For height comparisons, the rear of mine has the 2" SM lift, and the only "lift" on the front is the coilover swap set at the second adjustment notch.
Thanks @joeymt33 for the coilovers. Hopefully some other members can find this information useful.
I am running mine on the SATV arms.View attachment 62734 View attachment 62735 View attachment 62736

How’s the ride? Your probably not riding this weekend or I’d trade keys for a bit to compare.

pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I done that a while back but I used the the cal springs 600 lbs ones they did ok but wish I had the ones you used which are 1000lbs springs
I think. A direct bolt on and not that expensive either Great idea

Reactions: CumminsPusher
pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You got her looking good to

Reactions: 500
pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have you tried out you tires in the mud yet mine is still in pieces in my shop to cold to fool with it HaHa

Reactions: CumminsPusher
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Great idea. There is no denying that the front end is under sprung. The preload adjustment would be nice.

Reactions: 500 and pct

May 14, 2015
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have you tried out you tires in the mud yet mine is still in pieces in my shop to cold to fool with it HaHa
Heading to South Alabama today so they will get a good run in the mud. My buddy has 13000 Acres in Georgiana and the surrounding areas so hopefully get a little tire testing and a nice buck on the tailgate. My farm up here in Northeast Alabama is mainly Hills and rocks and a few thousand acres of low-lying row crop land, but I really don't just get out in the row crop fields unless I have to. I've plowed through a couple cattle and drainage ditches out there and they did fine. I'll let you know after this weekend. I can tell you they run smooth as butter down the County Road.

advertisement
Huntnbuddy2

Huntnbuddy2

Lifetime Member
Apr 23, 2017
Sand Mtn
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Heading to South Alabama today so they will get a good run in the mud. My buddy has 13000 Acres in Georgiana and the surrounding areas so hopefully get a little tire testing and a nice buck on the tailgate. My farm up here in Northeast Alabama is mainly Hills and rocks and a few thousand acres of low-lying row crop land, but I really don't just get out in the row crop fields unless I have to. I've plowed through a couple cattle and drainage ditches out there and they did fine. I'll let you know after this weekend. I can tell you they run smooth as butter down the County Road.

Pictures of the deer on the tailgate!!

Reactions: 500

May 14, 2015
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They did awesome. I'm sure they would with varying mud types, but they never clogged up on me down here. Cleaned themselves out easily. Surprised. Great tire for sure.
IMG 20180127 082201720

ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wow keep us posted, hope it doesn't droop so much it pops out the axles when your jumping her.

May 14, 2015
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wow keep us posted, hope it doesn't droop so much it pops out the axles when your jumping her.
It does not. This is a very very simple test to perform simply by jacking up the front end and rotating the tires at full extension. These are exactly half inch longer than the stock fronts. You get about 3/4 inch extra droop due to the geometry of the A-Arms coupled with the angle of the front coilover. Luckily, you do not have to jump your side by side to figure this part out.

Reactions: ohanacreek and pct

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!