P500 A real life story trying to buy a Honda UTV. OMG ITS GOING TO HAPPEN!!!

TacoJoe

TacoJoe

Jan 26, 2021
Twin Cities, Minnesota
www.youtube.com
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
OK / joined this board about 14-15 months ago -after- I zeroed in on a 500/520 to service my 5 acres of paradise in the midwest. Who knew I would be on 4 different dealer waiting lists and it would take 14-15 months to get one.

SO today- 2:30-3PM I got a text. Thought it was spam text -but- read it and it said...

"Hey this is XXXX Honda. I see you previously were interested in the Honda Pioneer 520. We did just get one in and you're on the list. Are you still interested in the Pioneer 520 by chance?"

Are you kidding me? My reply 3.87 seconds later: "YEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS - take my money - I have any extra kidney too!!!!" OMFG ITS FINALLY GOING TO HAPPEN!

Going to take delivery sometime this week / totally pumped. Thanks to this board for helping me keep the faith by reading similar stories of ordering/long waits/patience. Fingers crossed everything works out and its the right UTV for me too- sorta waiting to get hit by lighting now -lol :)

Mini Trail Mark

Mini Trail Mark

Jun 8, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. 520
Congratulations! Waited 6 months for my 520. Glad I stuck it out, now after 6 months of ownership, have 0 complaints, this thing is a fun workhorse 😁
5CB6188C 163A 49B1 A439 EB996EF1475C

P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
CONGRATS & WELCOME to the forum.

What Color??

Best put A LOCK on the Wallet -- your Net Worth is about to go Down ( All the Acc. Want & Need )

Many good people & information on the Honda forum ( they " LIKE PICTURES " & Will Help Spend $$$$$ )

Red was the 1st color all other colors followed Honda hopes they sell ( All colors Do Sell )

RED 2018 P500
GRAY 2022 P520 ( Got Luckey 1st. call had 1 on the floor )

Bombardier Convert

Bombardier Convert

Oct 3, 2021
Minnesota USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Congrats to you! I know the feeling when you finally do get "THE TEXT!!!" It feels like winning the lottery. At least in my imagination anyway.. lol. As you have probably heard around here before... we all ❤ to see pics!

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
OK / joined this board about 14-15 months ago -after- I zeroed in on a 500/520 to service my 5 acres of paradise in the midwest. Who knew I would be on 4 different dealer waiting lists and it would take 14-15 months to get one.

SO today- 2:30-3PM I got a text. Thought it was spam text -but- read it and it said...

"Hey this is XXXX Honda. I see you previously were interested in the Honda Pioneer 520. We did just get one in and you're on the list. Are you still interested in the Pioneer 520 by chance?"

Are you kidding me? My reply 3.87 seconds later: "YEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS - take my money - I have any extra kidney too!!!!" OMFG ITS FINALLY GOING TO HAPPEN!

Going to take delivery sometime this week / totally pumped. Thanks to this board for helping me keep the faith by reading similar stories of ordering/long waits/patience. Fingers crossed everything works out and its the right UTV for me too- sorta waiting to get hit by lighting now -lol :)

Well, being that you been here so long but it's still your first post.........Welcome from South FL 👍
Congrats on waiting it out and remember when you get it home......Pics or it didn't happen!!😂😂

NTC

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Welcome to the club and congrats on that phone call! Youll be Rock Hard (nohmo) till u take delivery!

We Will nee one thing like proof of insurance when u get pulled over.
thats pis! Ooooooo boy we like pics! Goody Goody!!
Also, you need to fix your location. Weve never heard of the State
”Midwest” when did that succeed from the union?🤔🥳

Bombardier Convert

Bombardier Convert

Oct 3, 2021
Minnesota USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3

SO today- 2:30-3PM

Are you kidding me? My reply 3.87 seconds later..
Actually, I think my reply text was under 3 seconds... I think I maybe could have beat a bolt of lightning! Lol!

TacoJoe

TacoJoe

Jan 26, 2021
Twin Cities, Minnesota
www.youtube.com
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Thanks much gentlemen - I will definitely update my profile/details/etc. too. I'm located in the greater Twin Cities, Minnesota. I put my deposit down this past Friday (basically shoved cash in their face -lol) and I can potentially pickup as soon as Thursday. The details....

Year: 2022
Model: Pioneer 520
Color: Red

I'll definitely get some pics to share. I'm REALLY excited about adding some upgrades too / PappyO is right/ lock the wallet (lol).

I'm a big big big believer in Honda engineering / have had (3) Honda motorcycles / (2) Honda outboards / (5) Honda cars /etc. They own thee BEST powertrain patents in the industry. I looked long & hard at the Polaris/CanAm offerings but when viewed as an overall "package", I think the 500/520 design is tough to beat for your average UTV buyer. Now it would seem I'm just another Honda Fanboy buying solely based on brand, but that is not the case. I think there's a lot to love about this model and I'm very very excited to pick one up and put it to work!

waynester

waynester

Feb 19, 2022
Ga, USA
Ownership

1. 520
After reading some , I feel rather foolish and lucky. People waited many months for their ride. I balked at 3 month waiting list last Novemberish . In early to mid January I bit the bullet and ordered P520. Jan 27 received call they had one available !? Someone had backed out of purchased, so sad for them so glad for me. So I did the Bank and Insurance run and of course ordered a few options $$$ , went home and they delivered same day. Our dealer is a long established and think I got one of the good ones.20220314 133105 resized

waynester

waynester

Feb 19, 2022
Ga, USA
Ownership

1. 520

Gonna haul it with your Cobra?

TacoJoe

TacoJoe

Jan 26, 2021
Twin Cities, Minnesota
www.youtube.com
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
OK! GOT MY PIONEER 520 HOME!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We already put 20 miles on it going up and down the street (too muddy for the yard...... well at least this year since its new & shiney- LOL)

LOVE IT - LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT! Its really too bad COVID happened because I could have used one of these 2 years ago!

Its early, but I think its the perfect size / I think too many guys over "buy" the monster UTV which basically is a small truck with suspension / I have sooo many things lined up for this thing to see how it performs.

PS- how about my 2011 Honda Odyssey BEAST pulling a monster trailer like a BOSS? - To my surprise: Pulling power was NOT an issue AT ALL / pulled JUST fine / I think tow rating is based on van curb weight (not power) - easily could have pulled more. Freakin MINIVAN my friends!

EXCITED and already thinking of upgrades / thanks much Honda SXS community :)

Trailer

Driveway
Engine

Bombardier Convert

Bombardier Convert

Oct 3, 2021
Minnesota USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We already put 20 miles on it going up and down the street (too muddy for the yard...... well at least this year since its new & shiney- LOL)

LOVE IT - LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT! Its really too bad COVID happened because I could have used one of these 2 years ago!

Its early, but I think its the perfect size / I think too many guys over "buy" the monster UTV which basically is a small truck with suspension / I have sooo many things lined up for this thing to see how it performs.

PS- how about my 2011 Honda Odyssey BEAST pulling a monster trailer like a BOSS? - To my surprise: Pulling power was NOT an issue AT ALL / pulled JUST fine / I think tow rating is based on van curb weight (not power) - easily could have pulled more. Freakin MINIVAN my friends!

View attachment 325339
View attachment 325340View attachment 325341
Looks awesome, congratulations! I know the feeling!

Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View attachment 325339
View attachment 325340View attachment 325341
congratulations on the new buggy and welcome from Ohio. that thing is so shinny I had to put on sunglasses, needs some dirt LOL.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!