P700 A tip that will save you money! No skill needed!

M

Michael56

Feb 23, 2021
Canada
Ownership

1. 700-4
So, I am in the process of installing some aftermarket goodies on my new 700-4, and one of the priorities is a second battery. And because my fishing trips are often off grid and plugging in a battery charger will stuck away at my power source that I will be living off of, I was looking for a solution to keep my secondary battery charged up.

The practical solution is charge it off the alternator. So, I researched the heck out of UTV alternator chargers and for a guy like me who doesn't want to buy a ton of different components and try to follow the "electrical lingo", and just found it to be slightly complicated, not to mention trying to find the space for all it, I had pretty much said screw it and I will just run my small genny every evening and bring along a charger.

Then it clicked. I own a boat. I have 3 group 31 deep cycles up front for the electric trolling motor, and I charge them off the main engine alternator with a Minn Kota 3 bank DC charger which keeps them lasting for a week of fishing before I really have to give them a good solid charging, so there in no reason it won't work on an UTV...and it will, and it does.

So there you go....that is my tip, to you. Some of you might be fisherman and aware already, but those of you who aren't and kinda wish you could get more out of your battery without the hassle of charging it all the time, well here is your answer for under a $100. It's waterproof and easy as pie to hook up. As soon as your main battery is charged up from rolling along, it takes care of the secondary battery. It is by far the cheapest and easiest way to do it.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!