P1000 Accessories ???

howardjg

howardjg

Feb 18, 2021
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My used 1000-5 came with plow, winch, roof, windshield. Thinking about soft upper half doors. Should I go with the OEM Honda or look elsewhere? links appreciated. Upstate NY winters worried it might steam up, if I enclose too much? Also wondering how the OEM tires will work for snow plowing?
Also looking for the best place to buy oem parts. Previous owner ran a salt spreader on the rear which resulted in some rusted hardware, such as the bolts in the bed. Wondering who is the best online retailer for this sort of stuff.

Thank you in advance.

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My used 1000-5 came with plow, winch, roof, windshield. Thinking about soft upper half doors. Should I go with the OEM Honda or look elsewhere? links appreciated. Upstate NY winters worried it might steam up, if I enclose too much? Also wondering how the OEM tires will work for snow plowing?
Also looking for the best place to buy oem parts. Previous owner ran a salt spreader on the rear which resulted in some rusted hardware, such as the bolts in the bed. Wondering who is the best online retailer for this sort of stuff.

Thank you in advance.
Try rocky mountain atv or ronayers.com for oem parts. I'm no help with the doors.

W

Wyo307

Oct 2, 2021
Wyoming
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 1000-3
When I bought my machine the previous owner included the upper honda soft doors with it still new in the box. I never installed them but put them up to the door to see. They are nice and fit better than I thought they would. That being said I wanted hard doors so I sold them and bought the off road armor upper doors instead. After installing those I will say they are definitely nicer, seal better, and will fit my needs better but they come with quite the price tag.

I would say it just depends on what you are wanting to get out of it. For me I am going to be plowing snow in weather down to -20 or so which is why I wanted it to seal as good as possible. Also the soft doors become a little brittle at those temps. But for you the honda soft doors may work well.

Reactions: Lady01 and howardjg

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!