Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Awesome! Tapping the cigarette lighter would provide keyed power for backlighting the switches is presumably the idea???
Yes, you can use it for backlighting, but also activating a relay for your key-on equipment.
This is a really nice fuse panel. If you have the tools to make the crimp if will be fool proof. If you purchase one, I would recommend getting extra pins and seals to practice on.
I downloaded the PDF of that, it does not indicate where all the wiring goes. You may be able to split this panel. Use some of the fuses and relays to run your switched stuff, and other relays/fuses to run constant power.

Edit: Going thru this myself lately looking for good open barrel crimping tools. I have settled on the Japanese brand "Engineer"
I bought this set directly from Amazon Japan: https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B07F2W9XSM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Then I was looking around and bought another plier body for $18 shipped. I tend to use the larger 2 sets of jaws.

Reactions: BWAF
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
i'm sure with a little digging I can find the mating plug for it and create a harness for you. I may even be able to create a piggy back.
Sounds like a nice little vender item if you have the time. I would imagine lots of 1000 owners would really appreciate having this!! Please attach an equitable price for yourself for time, materials and shipping. :cool:

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Edit: Going thru this myself lately looking for good open barrel crimping tools. I have settled on the Japanese brand "Engineer"
I bought this set directly from Amazon Japan: https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B07F2W9XSM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Then I was looking around and bought another plier body for $18 shipped. I tend to use the larger 2 sets of jaws.
Wish I could actually see the detail of those pliers. In the case like that I can’t tell how they work. Also, how’d you know that the fuse block that I posted requires a special crimper. I can’t see that information in the link I provided, at least on my phone...

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wish I could actually see the detail of those pliers. In the case like that I can’t tell how they work. Also, how’d you know that the fuse block that I posted requires a special crimper. I can’t see that information in the link I provided, at least on my phone...
I downloaded the PDF/drawing of the item, it showed open terminals at the back.
I believe there are many variations of that fuse block, some in parts/pieces, some already terminated.

Lots of open barrel crimpers available on Amazon.com, even the ones I bought from Japan. I bought and returned 5 or 6 pairs before I took the plunge and ordered quality ones from Japan.

Any Hozan or Engineer brand crimpers will be perfect. Or you can buy OEM crimpers for MUCH more $$.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I downloaded the PDF/drawing of the item, it showed open terminals at the back.
I believe there are many variations of that fuse block, some in parts/pieces, some already terminated.

Lots of open barrel crimpers available on Amazon.com, even the ones I bought from Japan. I bought and returned 5 or 6 pairs before I took the plunge and ordered quality ones from Japan.

Any Hozan or Engineer brand crimpers will be perfect. Or you can buy OEM crimpers for MUCH more $$.
Ok, great info. Thanks. I just watched a YouTube demo of those crimpers, way superior to the typical.

Last edited:
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is there a Honda accessory sub harness for the Pioneer 1000 like there is for the 500 and 700?
There is a Honda subharness that just plugs into the back of the cigrette lighter. It comes with the Honda winch kit that should work.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok, great info. Thanks. I just watched a YouTube demo of those crumpets, way superior to the typical.
Also, the link you provided says in the description you need to order seals and terminals separately. You would also need to order the relays and fuses.

Reactions: BWAF and sharp
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There is a Honda subharness that just plugs into the back of the cigrette lighter. It comes with the Honda winch kit that should work.
Thanks! One more thing to look for to help identify the plug.

Reactions: BWAF and sharp
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Also, the link you provided says in the description you need to order seals and terminals separately. You would also need to order the relays and fuses.

Yeah, I noticed that. What are seals and cavity plugs? Terminals I understand.

Reactions: sharp
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Perfect, happen to know where that’s found at??

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Perfect, happen to know where that’s found at??
Part of the honda winch kit. $400ish lol.

Yeah, I noticed that. What are seals and cavity plugs? Terminals I understand.
If you click the link @ToddACimer provided, the blue piece is the seal. the terminal is kinda obivous. and a cavity plug is a solid seal to put in the place of open spots you did not use.

Watching the demo video, this tool here looks pretty BA.

Open Barrel Crimper with Locator - Rhino Tools Sydney Australia
I have a few different ratcheting style crimp tools. One even supposedly even does open barrel. I ruined lots of terminals and seals trying to get good crimps.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Part of the honda winch kit. $400ish lol.
Oh hell!!!!! I hope the part you offered to make will be a couple bucks cheaper than that lol.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
If you click the link @ToddACimer provided, the blue piece is the seal. the terminal is kinda obivous. and a cavity plug is a solid seal to put in the place of open spots you did not use.
Got it, thanks!! If I’m looking at that correctly, it does the same thing as shrink tube???

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I have a few different ratcheting style crimp tools. One even supposedly even does open barrel. I ruined lots of terminals and seals trying to get good crimps.
Not sure, is that a criticism of ratcheting crimpers? Are the Engineer brand barrel crimpers that you bought from Amazon Japan something different than ratcheting....?

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not sure, is that a criticism of ratcheting crimpers? Are the Engineer brand barrel crimpers that you bought from Amazon Japan something different than ratcheting....?
The engineer crimpers are available from Amazon.com as well. Just a price premium and I could wait the week for them to arrive from Japan.
They are not ratcheting.
Here is the single tool. I find I use this jaw setup for most of my crimping. But occasionally I need one of the sizes from the mid size jaws.
https://www.amazon.com/Engineer-PAD...nterchangeable/dp/B00IWD9XKU/?tag=sxsweb24-20

Here is the whole kit.
https://www.amazon.com/ENGINEER-PAD-01-Handy-Crimp-Set/dp/B012QXJQBW/?tag=sxsweb24-20
I had already received and used the kit when I found this link.
Engineer Inc PAD-02 Open Barrel Handy Crimping Tool Set
This is the place I found my second plier in their bargain bin for $10 + $8 shipping.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The problem I found with the ratcheting crimpers is it tries to make the terminal crimp, as well as the seal crimp at the same time. It didn't do either very well.
If I still have the terminals in my garbage bucket, I will take a few pictures for comparison. One from the ratchet crimps, and one from the engineer pliers. I had a 30% success rate using the ratchet. So for every good crimp I got, I had 2 that wouldn't stand up. When each terminal is $0.20ea, plus the seal. It adds up.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
The problem I found with the ratcheting crimpers is it tries to make the terminal crimp, as well as the seal crimp at the same time. It didn't do either very well.
If I still have the terminals in my garbage bucket, I will take a few pictures for comparison. One from the ratchet crimps, and one from the engineer pliers. I had a 30% success rate using the ratchet. So for every good crimp I got, I had 2 that wouldn't stand up. When each terminal is $0.20ea, plus the seal. It adds up.
I see. No need for the pics, I’ll just order the Engineer brand. Thanks.

Just ordered the kit.

Btw, are the blue seals doing the same thing as shrink tube??

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I see. No need for the pics, I’ll just order the Engineer brand. Thanks.

Just ordered the kit.
It is a bit of an expense. It might be easier or cheaper in the long run to find a fuse panel that is already wired up.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
It is a bit of an expense. It might be easier or cheaper in the long run to find a fuse panel that is already wired up.
Well, seems to me that it’s usefulness would extend far beyond this one project.

Reactions: sharp and Neohio

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!