ShadowAero

ShadowAero

“Big Tasty”
Lifetime Member
Apr 12, 2017
Mount Dora, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bought a 2nd battery, a PDM60, True UTV isolator, switch panel with 6 switches from ottraw and 2 battery 12 volt. Now i am not sure how to wire it all. Looking for anything to help.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bought a 2nd battery, a PDM60, True UTV isolator, switch panel with 6 switches from ottraw and 2 battery 12 volt. Now i am not sure how to wire it all. Looking for anything to help.

Get you battery's mounted
Isolator installed
Pick a spot for the PDM60
2bbefadf0e428aaaf6ce0b89b44f73f3
B1b1b7b763baed9820c72e288195eaa4

Get all your accessories mounted.
Cut the switch plate hole out.
Pick the circuits on the PDM60, remembering that there are rules for each.

Use the amp draws for the accessories to plan how you're going to land them to the PDM.

Once you have all that in place, and have decided what the switches are going to do for you start running the wires from the accessories to the switch panel leaving an extra 18" or so to give you room to the land them to the switches.

PM me I've got pretty much that setup I'll be glad to help you anyway I can.

Reactions: utvmi
ShadowAero

ShadowAero

“Big Tasty”
Lifetime Member
Apr 12, 2017
Mount Dora, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Get you battery's mounted
Isolator installed
Pick a spot for the PDM60
View attachment 46480
View attachment 46481

Get all your accessories mounted.
Cut the switch plate hole out.
Pick the circuits on the PDM60, remembering that there are rules for each.

Use the amp draws for the accessories to plan how you're going to land them to the PDM.

Once you have all that in place, and have decided what the switches are going to do for you start running the wires from the accessories to the switch panel leaving an extra 18" or so to give you room to the land them to the switches.

PM me I've got pretty much that setup I'll be glad to help you anyway I can.

That's awesome. Pics look great. I have a question. Why do you have a bunch of relays? I thought the PDM60 replaced the need for relays.
I also have mounted dual fans under seat for heat control but did not wire them yet. Trying to figure out how to run the wires to under seat area. Want to make sure the wires aren't exposed underneath vehicle.
Do you use a laptop to connect to setup the programming for wire function? Like switched power, delay, etc?
How did you mount 2nd battery. Did you attach primary battery ground to 2nd battery and Primary ground to frame?
I am making a diagram to see if i am wiring it correctly.

ShadowAero

ShadowAero

“Big Tasty”
Lifetime Member
Apr 12, 2017
Mount Dora, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here is what i came up with. But don't know how wires from PDM wire to the switches. Can you tell me if i have any of it wrong?

And thank you for your help.

Screen Shot 2017 06 15 at 111935 PM

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wiper requires a relay to park the blade, my light bar draws more than PDM can provide on a single circuit.

I used my winch contractor as a buss point, the cables coming up through the hole are from second battery under seat.

I took the skids off and ran the cables through AP wire loom, zip tied out of danger. I have UHMW skids too.

Yes laptop, my mac works way better than PC.

I connected battery to battery with 4ga cables, frame is not a good ground. Diagram looks good.

ShadowAero

ShadowAero

“Big Tasty”
Lifetime Member
Apr 12, 2017
Mount Dora, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I ended up finishing the project. It works great. The pics were taken at night. The switches are so bright at night i had to turn exposure way down. Thanks folks for the help!

1000 5 wiring IMG 4111 IMG 4108

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!