Adjustable front shocks

R

Redrider

Jun 3, 2013
Anyone looked for or found a set of adjustable front shocks yet. Seems like it would be a easy mod. Could even gain a inch in clearance if u found the right size.

RacerX400600

RacerX400600

Jun 22, 2013
If you just want to add preload you could probably make some spring spacers.....

R

Redrider

Jun 3, 2013
I see this on the ATV's. how hard is it to install shocks spacers?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I thought about spacers. I just need a little more preloaded as I have bottomed it out hitting a rut hard.

F

FloridaRebel01

Nov 8, 2013
This is my only gripe about the Pioneer, front suspension is too soft. I took some measurments and it looks like the rear shocks will bolt in on the front. Going to try that when i get some free time, if it works then ill just buy a new set of rear shocks.

fishin2Dmax

fishin2Dmax

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2013
Utah
I fully agree, the front shocks are the weakest part of the suspension design on the Pioneer. I have bottomed out the front shocks in very minor trail dips. When I had my Polaris RZR (adjustable shocks) it would take a vertical drive off a small cliff to bottom out the front shocks. It would be great to find a Fox (or other high end) adjustable shock for the Pioneer. My sense is we early Pioneer buyers will be drooling over the new 2015 / 2016 Pioneer models that will likely offer better suspension and power. Same thing happens with the other SxS manufactures; every year they keep coming out with more and more features and options. While Honda tends to error on the conservative side (Pioneer), the market is prime for a Honda high performance sport SxS. In the interim, the Pioneer is a very good machine that can be made Great with just a few aftermarket mods.

Ragen

Ragen

May 8, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has any one just changed the front shocks out for the Fox brand and not the stock back shocks.