swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Yeah I think a few seconds is normal. But if you're going to have all the plastic out of the way I'd just do the valve adjustment. Takes longer to remove all plastic then it takes to adjust the valves.
you got that right...Im doing an auxiliary battery install and decided to check valves and found this write up..very nice Mr.Flynn

Reactions: Tflynn and Mudwing
Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hope it helped. This reminds me I probably should check mine again

swsebek

swsebek

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
I did mine last weekend. I had the Honda shop do it the first time at 1400 mikes they said it was still in tolerance. Charged me 285 bucks. Had it for 3 days.
Did it my self while I had tore down for auxiliary battery and utv isolator install. My exhaust was out .001 over high tolerance the intake was over .005
I think it was out of tolerance when they did it and just left it go.
Took me about 1 hour

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I did mine last weekend. I had the Honda shop do it the first time at 1400 mikes they said it was still in tolerance. Charged me 285 bucks. Had it for 3 days.
Did it my self while I had tore down for auxiliary battery and utv isolator install. My exhaust was out .001 over high tolerance the intake was over .005
I think it was out of tolerance when they did it and just left it go.
Took me about 1 hour
Wouldn't surprise me if they just listen to the engine and if it sounds good they tell you everything is within spec. Glad you got it done, was it easier than you thought?

swsebek

swsebek

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Wouldn't surprise me if they just listen to the engine and if it sounds good they tell you everything is within spec. Glad you got it done, was it easier than you thought?
I've done valves before, just looked like more to me. Once I had all the plastics off. Shoot is was apparent how easy it was then. Your write up and DG's write up helped confidence wise and motivation wise. Thanks.. it does run better and smoother

Reactions: Mudwing and Tflynn
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!