Aetna Mountain Adventures (Chattanooga, TN)

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
kicking this thread off for folks who are interested in riding the AMA system in Chattanooga, TN. We can also discuss other trail systems in the area.

Last edited by a moderator:
sthomp54

sthomp54

Jun 11, 2015
How did you like Aetna? I cant find much info on this place but I would like to check it out.

Last edited by a moderator:
PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How did you like Aetna? I cant find much info on this place but I would like to check it out.
I've been riding up there for 20 years. It is a pretty good mix of moderate to difficult trails. You won't find a better place to test your machine. Several very nice bluffs to enjoy. I like to camp up top at the "split rock" bluff. There is also camping at their parking area which happens to be Raccoon Mountain Caverns and Campground (you can find this on the internet). The campground has cabins and traditional tent and rv sites. Aetna Mountain Adventures (the OHV area) is only on facebook, so you'll have to look them up there if you want to find out more info such as when they do their open admission rides. I maintain an annual membership with key to their gate.
Same guy owns the campground, cave, and the trail system, but they are managed by different people and are separate businesses.

sthomp54

sthomp54

Jun 11, 2015
where are you located?

Im in north ga, but have family in chattanooga. Thanks for the review, is it a place that you could explore in a single day or would you need more time? Are there any trail maps online?

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Im in north ga, but have family in chattanooga. Thanks for the review, is it a place that you could explore in a single day or would you need more time? Are there any trail maps online?
I've never seen a map for it. You could see most all of it in a solid day. It would help to have a guide familiar with the system.

multipleshotsfired

multipleshotsfired

Jan 17, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Having a guide is a great idea- without @PioneerPete taking me around it would have been tough to figure it out. Here's a screen shot of my last ride there.
Trails

IMG 5305

CPope

CPope

Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
Pulaski TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What kind of gps app are you using ?

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
multipleshotsfired

multipleshotsfired

Jan 17, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
so if I'm reading that correctly, you did some further exploration near the pretty bluff, and also managed to find the peanut butter hole... good job!

That's pretty much how it worked out- a few turn arounds when I got to some areas I was not 100% on being solo and without a winch.

Are you heading up there this coming weekend? My wife's sister and husband are coming down- they indicated they enjoy off-roading since they "took their rental car on some dirt roads when they were in Hawaii"

I thought we could give them something a bit more extreme lol.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's pretty much how it worked out- a few turn arounds when I got to some areas I was not 100% on being solo and without a winch.

Are you heading up there this coming weekend? My wife's sister and husband are coming down- they indicated they enjoy off-roading since they "took their rental car on some dirt roads when they were in Hawaii"

Some roads in Hawaii are fairly rough

3df4eceee5c6e060069123910521cf27 and high

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I can probably squeeze in a ride this weekend. Are you thinking Sat or Sunday?

multipleshotsfired

multipleshotsfired

Jan 17, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
I can probably squeeze in a ride this weekend. Are you thinking Sat or Sunday?

Thinking Saturday but depends on the weather. If you got plans please don't change, I can just bomb them down the powerline road by our house worst case lol!

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thinking Saturday but depends on the weather. If you got plans please don't change, I can just bomb them down the powerline road by our house worst case lol!
The forecast looks ok for now. I should be up for a Saturday ride.

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sounds good- looks like another Gen Admin ride this weekend. I'll be picking up a membership April 1st.
I'll keep you posted. I may get pulled into a 5&6 year old baseball tourney, but I'm trying to avoid it. Depends on my wife's mood on Sat I guess...lol

multipleshotsfired

multipleshotsfired

Jan 17, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
I'll keep you posted. I may get pulled into a 5&6 year old baseball tourney, but I'm trying to avoid it. Depends on my wife's mood on Sat I guess...lol

I totally understand. Shoot me a text or hit me on here if you end up going, we will probably get up there around 10-11ish.

Reactions: PioneerPete
SundayRdr

SundayRdr

Mar 1, 2016
McMinville Tn
I'd like to ride one weekend. Wifey's friend got a 1000 last week n we're going to Chattanooga saturday morning for his 1000. I'm pretty sure that they both will be interested in riding too. Saturday's best for one and Sundays best for other. Lol.

Reactions: CPope

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!