Open Ride - April 28th weekend. LaFollette TN. - Coke Oven Cabins!

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Open invite for all, April 28th weekend.
Arriving Thursday, riding Friday and Saturday, and leaving Sunday.
Coke Oven Cabins - 1339 Highway 25W , LaFollette TN.
We can ride into town for fuel and food.

New riders welcome.
Trail selection will be based on the skill level of the rider group.
Most likely explore Ride Royal Blue one day and Tackett area the next.

Let me know who is interested
All 6 cabins are currently available at $120 a night.
www.cokeovencabins.com

Come out and let's ride.

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Wow that sounds great.
Count me in, I'll throw in some fire wood for the campfire.

Screenshot 20230405 204055

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
The wife and I might be interested in making the trip down.

Is there room for a OLN (one-legged newbie)? :)

I guess I could just get the annual pass for ~$50 more than the 7-day pass, since we'll be back down for TO at the end of May.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
The wife and I might be interested in making the trip down.

Is there room for a OLN (one-legged newbie)? :)

I guess I could just get the annual pass for ~$50 more than the 7-day pass, since we'll be back down for TO at the end of May.
Come on down. Think there will be another lady there as well.
Yes, if your coming to the Takeover, you best just buy the year pass.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Just booked the Rex Mine cabin and purchased my annual "hunting and fishing" licenses.

I'm off work from today until 4/17 (holiday + PTO), so I have plenty of time to get the SuperATV a-arms installed and to install my eTrack on the new trailer.

I still remember the last time I went to my first "group event" in 1997, albeit for road motorcycles. Suffice it to say, I met a lot of really great people over many years that followed (until that damn car-pedestrian accident in 2012). This mini-gathering will give us an idea of what we can expect at TO and whether or not our friends here back home (buddy & wife with the new 1000-6) will STILL want to go with us ... LOL.

My wife's family is actually from the area. She's got peeps living in LaFollete, Rocky Top (fka Lake City), Jacksboro, and the surrounding areas.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
For those intersted.
These "cabins" are just cabins. I'd say it's a room with 2 beds. Just shy of an off grid camping.
you need to supply all the rest including bed sheets and pillows.

Note from my booking...
In the meantime, we are listing the following "glamping" items that you need to bring with you:
- Queen size bed linens, pillows, and blankets as we do not provide those. Beds have mattress protectors only.
- Shampoo, soap, bath towels, shower flip flops if desired
- Charcoal for grills, foil
- Grilling utensils
- Ice for coolers is available for free at the Big Rock Tavern(1 mile away) or for purchase at Red Roof Market, which is 2 miles away in town.
- Firewood: you can use what is already cut and stacked or pick up what is on the ground. Do not cut down trees.
- coffee (coffee maker and filters provided)
- camp chairs, hammocks/enos if desired

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
If you want to go REAL camping we can do that too. Lol.
If it was just me, I would have no problem with that. My motorcycle was actually loaded down with all brand new gear (tent, bag, sleeping pad, Jetboil + coffee press, lantern & headlamp, dry sacks, etc.) for my first attempt at 'motorcycle camping' on the day I was hit by the car. I was supposed to be @ Hyner Run State Park (PA) that evening, then World's End State Park (PA) and Woodford State Park (VT) that weekend - a trip not unlike this one. 10+ years and I'm pretty sure it's all still packed how I packed it the night before ... :D

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
If it was just me, I would have no problem with that. My motorcycle was actually loaded down with all brand new gear (tent, bag, sleeping pad, Jetboil + coffee press, lantern & headlamp, dry sacks, etc.) for my first attempt at 'motorcycle camping' on the day I was hit by the car. I was supposed to be @ Hyner Run State Park (PA) that evening, then World's End State Park (PA) and Woodford State Park (VT) that weekend - a trip not unlike this one. 10+ years and I'm pretty sure it's all still packed how I packed it the night before ... :D
Then you should come with us in the fall.
I'm going to try and run a easy overland at the MOM event.
Looking for new overlanders.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Then you should come with us in the fall.
I'm going to try and run a easy overland at the MOM event.
Looking for new overlanders.

Thanks - I will definitely keep it in mind. I just have to figure out how camping with this here highfalutin robot leg is gonna work. Its got more hydraulics, gyroscopes and accelerometers than you can shake a stick at. Gotta be able to hit the inductive charger (110V) every couple of days or so.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Thanks - I will definitely keep it in mind. I just have to figure out how camping with this here highfalutin robot leg is gonna work. Its got more hydraulics, gyroscopes and accelerometers than you can shake a stick at. Gotta be able to hit the inductive charger (110V) every couple of days or so.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Work that out later. It would be a Thursday 2pm till Saturday afternoon +-

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
5 machines so far.
Who else might be interested?
New riders welcome.

We have a 500 in the group. Normally he would out wheel me. But his lady might be tagging along to keep him in check. Lol.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!