Open Ride - April 28th weekend. LaFollette TN. - Coke Oven Cabins!

The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
We have a 500 in the group. Normally he would out wheel me. But his lady might be tagging along to keep him in check.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
IMG 20230406 222009

The Green Goat

The Green Goat

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
Thanks - I will definitely keep it in mind. I just have to figure out how camping with this here highfalutin robot leg is gonna work. Its got more hydraulics, gyroscopes and accelerometers than you can shake a stick at. Gotta be able to hit the inductive charger (110V) every couple of days or so.
Which one is the squishy leg, right or left?

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
perfect. You only need that one for pushing the gas pedal. no power required.
Yup!

One of the very few things I can no longer do is ride a motorcycle. While I certainly could install a Kliktronic (would allow me to change gears with my thumb instead of my left foot), the bigger challenge is that I can't articulate my left knee with mere brain/muscle movement. I'm an above knee amputee, about the middle of my thigh, so there's no easy way for me to put my left foot down when coming to a stop, put it up on the peg when taking off, nor for the (computer) knee to even know whether I was taking off or coming to a stop anyway.

But, it is what it is. There certainly could have been far worse outcomes from the vehicular assault as well as the subsequent errors made during surgery, but I stared death in the eyes not once but twice in ~2 days and kicked its ass. When you had to make your own tourniquet with the $10 Walmart rain jacket you were wearing over your full leather race gear because nobody who was mulling around the wreckage would help you, you consider yourself blessed to still be here, so having to give up riding motorcycles as one of the few concessions is OK by me. :)

The Green Goat

The Green Goat

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
Yup!

One of the very few things I can no longer do is ride a motorcycle. While I certainly could install a Kliktronic (would allow me to change gears with my thumb instead of my left foot), the bigger challenge is that I can't articulate my left knee with mere brain/muscle movement. I'm an above knee amputee, about the middle of my thigh, so there's no easy way for me to put my left foot down when coming to a stop, put it up on the peg when taking off, nor for the (computer) knee to even know whether I was taking off or coming to a stop anyway.

But, it is what it is. There certainly could have been far worse outcomes from the vehicular assault as well as the subsequent errors made during surgery, but I stared death in the eyes not once but twice in ~2 days and kicked its ass. When you had to make your own tourniquet with the $10 Walmart rain jacket you were wearing over your full leather race gear because nobody who was mulling around the wreckage would help you, you consider yourself blessed to still be here, so having to give up riding motorcycles as one of the few concessions is OK by me. :)
badass :cool:

Glad to hear it doesn't slow you down too much.

Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
5 machines so far.
Who else might be interested?
New riders welcome.

We have a 500 in the group. Normally he would out wheel me. But his lady might be tagging along to keep him in check. Lol.

I may be down but if so it'll be solo

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I may be down but if so it'll be solo
Welcome to join.
I have a bed available. But I'm trying to get my brother-in-law to come. He doesn't think he can get away tho.
Should be room for a cot also.

Last edited:
Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
5 machines so far.
Who else might be interested?
New riders welcome.

We have a 500 in the group. Normally he would out wheel me. But his lady might be tagging along to keep him in check. Lol.

I thought he said he bought a set of noise canceling headphones so he couldn’t hear her yelling at him…

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Silly question. I bought the annual 071/093 licenses online from TWRA. I see them in the TWRA app I downloaded and I printed something off, too.

Do we just just carry these on our person like a fishing license and provide if asked? Or are we supposed to display something on our SXS?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Silly question. I bought the annual 071/093 licenses online from TWRA. I see them in the TWRA app I downloaded and I printed something off, too.

Do we just just carry these on our person like a fishing license and provide if asked? Or are we supposed to display something on our SXS?
Just a screen shot or download will be fine.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV

They can look you up even if you don't have it on your person, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!