Open Ride - April 28th weekend. LaFollette TN. - Coke Oven Cabins!

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Soo..
Where yall want to go?

I guess Friday we will ride some of royal blue to check out a few trails for difficulty. This would be a good 2/3 day, then an late evening loop to the waterfall on trail #2.

Another day I want to go towards Jellico or Tackett. This WILL be an all day adventure. No need to carry fuel, just be sure to start out on a full tank. Pack lunch and afternoon snacks.

No plans for difficult stuff over at Tackett. But I guess it's all relative to the rider skills.

There will be some road riding.

Overall, no worries... we will go with the pace of the group. A stock machine should be able to complete all the trails I plan to take.

Have a question please ask.
Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
As a newb, I'll defer to you all, and adapt as needed.

So no need to carry extra fuel either day?
No.
But no issues against you taking some if you already have it worked in. I wouldn't pack 5g.
2 at the most.
I always carry 1g as it's worked in well.

GovtMule

GovtMule

NTC’s SoA, Chief Sarcasm Officer-Self Appointed
Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Soo..
Where yall want to go?

I guess Friday we will ride some of royal blue to check out a few trails for difficulty. This would be a good 2/3 day, then an late evening loop to the waterfall on trail #2.

Another day I want to go towards Jellico or Tackett. This WILL be an all day adventure. No need to carry fuel, just be sure to start out on a full tank. Pack lunch and afternoon snacks.

No plans for difficult stuff over at Tackett. But I guess it's all relative to the rider skills.

There will be some road riding.

Overall, no worries... we will go with the pace of the group. A stock machine should be able to complete all the trails I plan to take.

Have a question please ask.
Thanks.

That sounds good. I’m a fan of trail #2 for sure. Also the ride to Tackett would be fun. I’m assuming ride all the way?…from your cabins? That’s a little bit of a pavement trek. Hopefully I can make Saturday for sure.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
My rig is ready to go.
Anyone who wishes to come for the day, the campground said you can park there.
I'll be there Thursday sometime. Plan to be gone Friday leave time is flexible.
Saturday wish to leave around 9:30 or so.

I'll start a private message with yall.

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
My rig is ready to go.
Anyone who wishes to come for the day, the campground said you can park there.
I'll be there Thursday sometime. Plan to be gone Friday leave time is flexible.
Saturday wish to leave around 9:30 or so.

I'll start a private message with yall.
Have a good ride. Wish I could have made it. Too much going on here with the kids that I don’t want to miss.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
So ... gotta buy some muck boots for this weekend (OK, so I need a muck BOOT, but I can't just buy one ... 😆 )

Is it going to be too warm for *insulated* muck boots? Looks like high 60's to low 70's and RAIN in LaFollette FRI/SAT.

I haven't spent much time traipsing around the woods, so I'm looking for some guidance on boots, clothing, etc. Thanks.

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
So ... gotta buy some muck boots for this weekend (OK, so I need a muck BOOT, but I can't just buy one ... 😆 )

Is it going to be too warm for *insulated* muck boots? Looks like high 60's to low 70's and RAIN in LaFollette FRI/SAT.

I haven't spent much time traipsing around the woods, so I'm looking for some guidance on boots, clothing, etc. Thanks.
Based on weather forecast it looks like boots and good raingear will be needed. Regular Mucks will be fine. Snacks and drinks. Basic tools, spare parts, recovery gear, tire repair stuff if you have. I am sure HondaSXS and others will likely have those covered if you don't have.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!