GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
answers my question if that was the case... was hoping I could buy those and then I could remove the stops...
Do they cut your turning that much?

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
You can, I’m wary of it and try to not bind them.

I'm not claiming to be any kind of expert but I thought when the CV cup breaks or the cage breaks the likely cause is too much angle.
That picture looks like a cage failure.
If you put down too much torque the axle will break just next to outer CV inner star.
I thought I heard the axles are made to fail first to reduce the cost of fixing it - a new axle being cheaper than a new CV.

But that kind of lets Rhino Axles off the hook (if true).

I know my Dads old Land Rover had a groove machined in to the axle shaft to save the diff.
Apperently teenage age boys speed shifting there Daddys Land Rover where a problem.
(At least it was a problem for me)

J

JTW

I'm not claiming to be any kind of expert but I thought when the CV cup breaks or the cage breaks the likely cause is too much angle.
If you put down too much torque the axle will break just next to outer CV inner star.
I thought I heard the axles are made to fail first to reduce the cost of fixing it - a new axle being cheaper than a new CV.

I know my Dads old Land Rover had a groove machined in to the axle shaft to save the diff.
Apperently teenage age boys speed shifting there Daddys Land Rover where a problem.
@lee

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

That makes sense, easy to replace a axle, expensive and difficult to replace a diff.

I bet that made your dad ... slightly less angry.

Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

That makes sense, easy to replace a axle, expensive and difficult to replace a diff.

I bet that made your dad ... slightly less angry.
I’ve always been of the same mindset... but $200 a complete axle is quite intriguing! I hope they’re not s***!

Reactions: ohanacreek
GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ve always been of the same mindset... but $200 a complete axle is quite intriguing! I hope they’re not s***!
Guy on FB sellin them for 150

Toyhauler33

Toyhauler33

Lifetime Member
Jan 29, 2016
Mid Ga
Ownership

1. 1000-5
answers my question if that was the case... was hoping I could buy those and then I could remove the stops...
Figures... guess I'm keeping the spacers too

Sent from my SM-P905V using Tapatalk

advertisement
Choped5er

Choped5er

Lifetime Member
Oct 2, 2017
Union
Following for feedback! Wish they were 2.0s but still better than nothing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JTW

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!