P1000 Aftermarket Cage for a 1000-5

ABischoff

ABischoff

Sep 3, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had some damage to my roll cage over the weekend and I'm look into the best option to get the cage fixed or replaced. The damage was the the front right side of the cage so everything is pushed back the the rear left side a couple inches. In the picture you can see that the front right is pushed in slightly and the back left upright is pushed back as well. Not the best picture of the damage but should give you an idea. I have a few options in mind.

1. Try and pull the cage close to straight for now. I know the cage is no where near as strong but shelling out the money for a new cage right now might be a little too much since I don't have any trips planned for the pioneer soon, mainly just yard work. I am currently leaning towards this options. Does anyone have any good tips for pulling a bent cage straight again?

2. Take it the dealer and have them replace the damaged parts which I fear will be the whole cages since it is all tweaked back slightly. I have a feeling this would be big money, anyone have any experience?

3. The option that I would really like to pursue is to purchase a new aftermarket cage from someone. I am not seeing anyone advertising online for aftermarket pioneer cages so I figure this would be the best place to ask. Does anyone here make and sell cages or is there a place online where I could look into buying one? Also does anyone have a ballpark price for a new cage?

Thanks in advance for the input!

IMG 0789

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I doubt (don't know for a fact) if there is any business making after market cages for the P1K5. The custom cages I have seen were 'one offs', often made by the owner.

As for straightening of replace at dealer ...... have you checked to see if the lower part (below bungs) of the ROP is bent also?

Reactions: TripleB
t-bear

t-bear

Nov 11, 2019
NE OK
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah. I would NEVER trust that ROP again. See the other thread on the Talon going now. Main cage is .60 ish - THIN.

Think of when you were a HS kid at a "party". You can step on an empty beer can all day. But the second your buddy introduces a slight deformation... Crash goes the empty beer can. Same thing.

Sorry.

ABischoff

ABischoff

Sep 3, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I doubt (don't know for a fact) if there is any business making after market cages for the P1K5. The custom cages I have seen were 'one offs', often made by the owner.

As for straightening of replace at dealer ...... have you checked to see if the lower part (below bungs) of the ROP is bent also?

All of the lower bungs appear to still be where they should be, you can see the bend when you look at the bolts holding the cage to those lower tubes. It looks like the cage just bent enough to take up all of the bolt clearance. I'm thinking I will just go to the dealer and get a quote to see where their price is at.

ABischoff

ABischoff

Sep 3, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah. I would NEVER trust that ROP again. See the other thread on the Talon going now. Main cage is .60 ish - THIN.

Think of when you were a HS kid at a "party". You can step on an empty beer can all day. But the second your buddy introduces a slight deformation... Crash goes the empty beer can. Same thing.

Sorry.

I totally feel you and know what you mean...was just hoping for a temporary fix until I can get a more permanent solution. Kinda get a little beat up everytime I look at my poor crooked cage :(

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
All of the lower bungs appear to still be where they should be, you can see the bend when you look at the bolts holding the cage to those lower tubes. It looks like the cage just bent enough to take up all of the bolt clearance. I'm thinking I will just go to the dealer and get a quote to see where their price is at.
Its gonna be high. Just a quick check on partzilla.com for the main bars is $2,770. Plus labor and probably some small stuff added in there. Probably get a good cage built for that but I have no idea.

Reactions: JenElio
advertisement
Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a new front section if that will work for you, it came from my dealer it was a take off from a new buggy it had a scratch and Honda sent them a new one. If it will work for you you can have it. Don’t know about shipping it cuz it’s an odd shape and size.

Isaiah

Isaiah

Dec 30, 2019
Altamont TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had some damage to my roll cage over the weekend and I'm look into the best option to get the cage fixed or replaced. The damage was the the front right side of the cage so everything is pushed back the the rear left side a couple inches. In the picture you can see that the front right is pushed in slightly and the back left upright is pushed back as well. Not the best picture of the damage but should give you an idea. I have a few options in mind.

1. Try and pull the cage close to straight for now. I know the cage is no where near as strong but shelling out the money for a new cage right now might be a little too much since I don't have any trips planned for the pioneer soon, mainly just yard work. I am currently leaning towards this options. Does anyone have any good tips for pulling a bent cage straight again?

2. Take it the dealer and have them replace the damaged parts which I fear will be the whole cages since it is all tweaked back slightly. I have a feeling this would be big money, anyone have any experience?

3. The option that I would really like to pursue is to purchase a new aftermarket cage from someone. I am not seeing anyone advertising online for aftermarket pioneer cages so I figure this would be the best place to ask. Does anyone here make and sell cages or is there a place online where I could look into buying one? Also does anyone have a ballpark price for a new cage?

View attachment 215623

X3 on the insurance. I love that gray and red plastics do you have any more pics of that?

ABischoff

ABischoff

Sep 3, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a new front section if that will work for you, it came from my dealer it was a take off from a new buggy it had a scratch and Honda sent them a new one. If it will work for you you can have it. Don’t know about shipping it cuz it’s an odd shape and size.

Where are you located? If your close I could see about maybe making a trip to pick it up.

Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Where are you located? If your close I could see about maybe making a trip to pick it up.
I am in western NC just south of Knoxville Tn zip is 28771 we will be at RRB which is north of Knoxville on September 24-26 if that helps shorten your ride, just let me know.

J

john790

Jan 13, 2020
Clinton ohio 44216
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 215623

Reactions: Isaiah
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!