P700 Aftermarket E-Bay Headlights

1950Willys

1950Willys

Apr 4, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
I've seen numerous post on mounting aftermarket E-bay led headlights to the 500 and 700 but none included photos of before and after. I recently installed some and am posting photos for people to see the difference. I purchased lights when they were 159.00 but link to same guy shows them for 180 now. I also ordered the four mounting bushings OEM from Honda but when lights arrived it contained the four bushings so I have an extra four if anyone needs them. I have always wired my ATV's so that low beam stays on when you hit the high beams so I planned to do it on my 700 using resistors but to my surprise the aftermarket LED lights when you go to High beam the low LED's stay on. I took power for my On-On switch from the harness underneath the right front fender. This location is on the headlight side of the fuse and relay further easing the installation.

I believe the aftermarket headlights provide a wider pattern of lighting plus they look good both on and off. I am disappointed that the high beam is a narrow spot in middle of pattern and to low to illuminate much further in distance.

I have enclosed photos of before and after headlight photos and the parts used in my conversion. Sorry they got out of order when I uploaded them. Click on photos to read labels in upper left hand corners.

Aftermarket Hi beam Aftermarket Low beam Dark Lights Hi Low Switch Included in Headlights LED bulb in stock housing Light Purchase New headlight New Headlights On On switch Part Number Stock bullb in stock hosuing Three Terminals

Last edited:
SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks for the comparison. It appears to me that there is very little difference (in your pictures) between the stock bulbs and the LED bulbs in the stock housing. I was considering trying some LEDs, but I have noticed there are mixed reviews.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!