BOX1

P700 Aftermarket shock alternatives

R

Rigit

Nov 10, 2020
Nla
Ownership

1. 700-4
Aftermarket shocks for the 700-4 are ridiculously expensive and was wondering if anyone has found some that were reasonable and was actually an improvement to stock. I know they are more of a specialty market and is why they are priced like they are but spending $1500 on shocks is really way over the top. Any ideas are appreciated.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Aftermarket shocks for the 700-4 are ridiculously expensive and was wondering if anyone has found some that were reasonable and was actually an improvement to stock. I know they are more of a specialty market and is why they are priced like they are but spending $1500 on shocks is really way over the top. Any ideas are appreciated.
Might check out the 814's

Reactions: Backwoods
Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
Try progressive shocks

R

Rigit

Nov 10, 2020
Nla
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks everyone for the alternatives. As I have used my 700 more and more and have adjusted the rear shocks all the way up I am starting to notice the weakness of them as I load it up with 4 people. Everyone said I would but with just me and my wife it really seems fine but once 4 people are in it they appear to be getting weaker. It feels like the rears are bottoming out through some really mellow areas I didn't notice them doing before. It also feels like with 4 people the rear will really squat when I accelerate abruptly causing a large weight shift to the back and a loss of front wheel traction. It almost feels like the front want to come off the ground the weight shift and squat is so intense. I will be shopping for them even before tires.

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
As mentioned above, alot of earlier riders were swapping stock Canam commander shocks with great success. I bought a set off ebay to replace mine on my 700, but the cylinders were no good. I guess the granny really didn't just use the machine to go to church. Haha. I still have the springs and retainers, so if someone could make them work, I could send them their way. It was a pretty direct swap with the shocks and upgraded bushings, so you might do a little site searching for commander swap and see if this upgrade would interest you.

Reactions: Mudwing
osobad

osobad

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
if using commander shocks you will also get a free lift out of it

Glock21user

Glock21user

" Nothing succeeds like excess "
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2018
Livingston county, Mi.
Ownership

1. 700-4
As mentioned above, alot of earlier riders were swapping stock Canam commander shocks with great success. I bought a set off ebay to replace mine on my 700, but the cylinders were no good. I guess the granny really didn't just use the machine to go to church. Haha. I still have the springs and retainers, so if someone could make them work, I could send them their way. It was a pretty direct swap with the shocks and upgraded bushings, so you might do a little site searching for commander swap and see if this upgrade would interest you.
What would you like to see for the springs and retainers?

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!