Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Backfiring when going down hill, during engine braking. Will a different plug correct this? Running 10% ethanol from local stations.

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
Backfiring when going down hill, during engine braking. Will a different plug correct this? Running 10% ethanol from local stations.
no doesnt matter what the plug is for that the coil is going to do what the computer tells it to.

i pulled my stock 2014 plug a few months ago checked gap . put it back in. i run half a bottle of lucas fuel injector cleaned in every tank in my bike since day 1. it has sat on half a tank or less for a full yr in the weather moving in the yard to mow only and then just go riding no issues. i think as far as fuel economy goes youll see more of difference from changing tire weights than you will from spark plug. now as far as length goes. sometimes you just get lucky. i had all kinds of plugs through the yrs and iv never found a brand that doesnt have a lemon somewhere.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mudder
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!