SundayRdr

SundayRdr

Mar 1, 2016
McMinville Tn
No s

7.3 all the way.
It was a K&N cai.
I know all about the 7.3 stock box not sealing on aftermarket filters
I absolutely hate seeing a k&n on a stock airbox with the 7.3's. I throw them away. I've never used a kn cai on a 7.3 always used SB systems.

SundayRdr

SundayRdr

Mar 1, 2016
McMinville Tn
To get back on topic I just ordered a uni filter, akrapovic slip on spring spacers and 4 point harness. Going pick up all parts need to snorkel.
I eventually plan on building my own snorkel for my 700 too. Gonna diy pvc and use the warrior snorkel with the pre-filter tip and a "frog skin" type material.

Screenshot 20180201 131428

knuckledeep

knuckledeep

my trailer queen is trashy
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2015
Eustis florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I did 2 in pvc with a uni filter on top

20180128 161717

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
I eventually plan on building my own snorkel for my 700 too. Gonna diy pvc and use the warrior snorkel with the pre-filter tip and a "frog skin" type material.

View attachment 63667
I built my own it was pretty easy. I like that warrior snorkel top. I made my own and ordered a piece of frog skin type material for the top.

SundayRdr

SundayRdr

Mar 1, 2016
McMinville Tn
I built my own it was pretty easy. I like that warrior snorkel top. I made my own and ordered a piece of frog skin type material for the top.
Did you cut your stock air duct and attach to it or build one from the box out? I want the pre-filter for that warrior riser and paint it to blue to match. Please send pics of your snorkel if you have any and still have my number.

MikeG

MikeG

Dec 30, 2017
Baton Rouge LA.
Ownership

1. 700-2
I'm going to do from boot out. I will do a detailed write up with a parts list and measurements.

Reactions: SundayRdr
LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
Did you cut your stock air duct and attach to it or build one from the box out? I want the pre-filter for that warrior riser and paint it to blue to match. Please send pics of your snorkel if you have any and still have my number.
Yes sir I cut mine and attached with a rubber connector. I bought everything at Lowe's and it cost maybe $30. I'll try to get some and send to you.

Reactions: knuckledeep
allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
back to op's question, i use stock filters, I bought a second one so i would have a clean one on hand it just makes it easier at maintenance time just change it out and clean the dirty one at my convenience.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
People tend to get bent when i say this...

I ran a UNI for a bit, and when I found a bit of dust in the intake, i stopped.

Was my uni bad? Does the stock filter also pass as much dust as the uni? I can't answer those questions. Someday I'll buy another UNI and check it out, as it did seem to help a tiny bit...in fact, the backfire screen and foam endpiece of the UNI (as opposed to the rubber end and multi layer mesh of the stocker) would help airflow all by themselves.

From what I've seen, you might as well run a K&N and outerwears.

UNIdirt1 Unidirt2 Unidirt3

Reactions: knuckledeep
swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4

Was my uni bad? Does the stock filter also pass as much dust as the uni? I can't answer those questions. Someday I'll buy another UNI and check it out, as it did seem to help a tiny bit...in fact, the backfire screen and foam endpiece of the UNI (as opposed to the rubber end and multi layer mesh of the stocker) would help airflow all by themselves.

View attachment 63741 View attachment 63742 View attachment 63743
I do not see any grease on the rubber boot... Uni and stock filters should have a generous amount applied to filter where it presses to the rubber intake.......Don't know on K/N cause I won't use them on off-road toys.

knuckledeep

knuckledeep

my trailer queen is trashy
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2015
Eustis florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
We just put on a k&n with outerwear and a uni on the end of the snorkel gona check for dust after this weekend

View attachment 63741 View attachment 63742 View attachment 63743

Dis you have the uni filter oiled. Or was it dry there supposed to be run with a coat of filter oil on it

R

Random

Jun 18, 2017
Bloomington IN
Ownership

1. 700-2
I put a performance exhaust on my 700, I have the fueler also but It isn't lean with the quiet core and spark arrestor in place, It gave a noticeable boost in power but is on the loud side even with the quiet core. I am running the stock air filter, If I upgrade the intake side I will add the fueler.

Reactions: Tflynn
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I do not see any grease on the rubber boot... Uni and stock filters should have a generous amount applied to filter where it presses to the rubber intake.......Don't know on K/N cause I won't use them on off-road toys.
This was boot that clamps to the throttle body. The filter it self clamps to the sleeve in the airbox like the stocker and doesn't need grease.

To be clear...I'm not saying that K&N is better in any way. Just that buying a uni for allegedly filtering better didn't quite work for me.
We just put on a k&n with outerwear and a uni on the end of the snorkel gona check for dust after this weekend

Dis you have the uni filter oiled. Or was it dry there supposed to be run with a coat of filter oil on it
Yes. Uni oil and cleaned with uni cleaner. I'm from the "oil the s*** out of it and let the excess drip off if it needs too" school.

Reactions: swsebek
swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
IMG 3597
Yes yes yes you are right I had my head in azz on that one.....Been working on bikes so much lately.I think maybe mine needs a little cleaning.But I put grease on under that hose clamp just in case and after seeing yours I'm going to check the other side as well...

Reactions: DG Rider

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!