P500 Air Filter

B

boardhog

Sep 20, 2015
I was going to replace the stock air filter with either a Twin Air or KN filter. The dealer tried telling me that because of the fine dust in Colorado that the stock air filter is better. Does anyone use one of the aftermarkets or is the Honda filter really that good.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
On a typical recreation use Honda I have only replaced the filter because it dry rotted after 10+ years. I would keep it oiled put an outerwears on it and call it a day.

wyliechief

wyliechief

Dec 29, 2014
Rosamond, CA
I just transitioned to a UNI filter and I ride here in dusty dry SoCal. I keep it clean and well oiled. No issues and seems to have better throttle response than the stock filter and canister.

Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I know if you go on the RZR site there is a lot of guys talking about dusting motors with aftermarket filters. I personally just keep the factory filter oiled and run grease along the filter to air box seal.

hambone

hambone

Mar 14, 2015
Southeast Indiana
I agree on the stock filter. We are driving race cars.
Protection is good with stock, save your money
My opinion of course

Reactions: JACKAL
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I agree on the stock filter. We are driving race cars.
Protection is good with stock, save your money
My opinion of course

Agreed for the casual recreational guy there will be no real world difference (stock vs. aftermarket) in my opinion now if there has been other modifications to make a machine breather better for outright performance that is an entirely different topic when you desire maximum air flow when WFO.

wyo700

wyo700

Lifetime Member
Sep 26, 2013
I have put a K&N on every vehicle I have ever owned including all atvs and now my pioneer and have never had a single issue.

Reactions: joeymt33

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!